Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:28 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

It has been great to see one of MAM's own, chief pilot Mike Spaulding, now checked-out in the Museum's Bf-109. Thank you for the video links!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:21 pm 
Jump Street

Saw on their facebook page the Strike Eagle flyover for today was canceled and looks like no flying at all for the most part. Holding out hope for tomorrow........!!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:35 pm 

Waltz41 wrote:
Saw on their facebook page the Strike Eagle flyover for today was canceled and looks like no flying at all for the most part. Holding out hope for tomorrow........!!

On the bright side, the weather was much better than forecasted, but unfortunately the runway was deemed too wet for most of the planes. They were hoping to save the runway for tomorrow.

About all that was up was a T6 doing flybys and the PT-19 and Stearman doing rides. I think they were going to get some of the Liaison/trainers up as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:01 pm 
Jump Street

Thanks for the info. Going to bite the bullet and make the trip down tomorrow I think. High Risk, High reward :-)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:19 pm 

Today's fliers were the N2S, PT-19, AE-1 (L-4), L-5, SNJ-2, Chipmunk, Tiger Moth, and Bf-108.

Richard

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Were they able to fly much on the Sunday? Imagine the field was still pretty wet. Better luck next year- still want to see the 109 fly.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:10 am 

sandiego89 wrote:
Were they able to fly much on the Sunday? Imagine the field was still pretty wet. Better luck next year- still want to see the 109 fly.

Nope. Sunday was a washout as well. Ride flights in the Stearman and WACO was about all. They really need to think about moving to later in the summer, or early fall for this show. I've been going to this show since 2009 and I'd guess at least half or more have been rained out or diminished due to heavy rains since then.

The last couple of years I've gone as a member of our podcast team (http://www.thehangardeck.com/) and while the weather was bad for flying, it was good for sitting down and interviewing folks. One such person we had the pleasure to talk with was a Romanian aerospace engineer, I'm cleared to let the cat out of the bag on this bit of Warbird news... who is working in conjunction with the museum's "Fighter Factory" to build and fly IAR 80 fighters. Tune in in the coming days if you're interested in hearing what this gentleman has to say about the project.

http://www.thehangardeck.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 pm 

AFWhite wrote:
sandiego89 wrote:

Nope. Sunday was a washout as well. Ride flights in the Stearman and WACO was about all. They really need to think about moving to later in the summer, or early fall for this show. I've been going to this show since 2009 and I'd guess at least half or more have been rained out or diminished due to heavy rains since then.

The last couple of years I've gone as a member of our podcast team (http://www.thehangardeck.com/) and while the weather was bad for flying, it was good for sitting down and interviewing folks. One such person we had the pleasure to talk with was a Romanian aerospace engineer, I'm cleared to let the cat out of the bag on this bit of Warbird news... who is working in conjunction with the museum's "Fighter Factory" to build and fly IAR 80 fighters. Tune in in the coming days if you're interested in hearing what this gentleman has to say about the project.

http://www.thehangardeck.com/

Great to hear. Always love listening to your podcasts. Learn a lot about the museum listening to them.

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/