Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Earhart bones

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:02 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... xpert.html
Like green eggs and ham it just will not go away

Re: Earhart bones, per some guy who says he's an expert

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Re: Earhart bones

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:39 am

Didn't know that they had cannibals on Howland Island.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:25 am

The bone guy is all over the news this morning. "Conclusive proof." :?

Very odd having this nonsense pop up again right in the middle of the REAL, genuinely astounding work the USS Lexington exploration team is doing this week.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:57 am

Not just odd but deeply embarrassing: here we have one group which has, with very little fanfare, located and conclusively proven their discovery.

While on the other hand, this bunch of T****R amateurs have thus far managed to prove nothing (and I don't mean 'prove by just reiterating that you have 'scientific proof' when you have nothing of the sort), make a massive fuss over minute, pointless "discoveries" and recover, um...nothing. And how long has it taken them to effectively do or prove nothing???

I'm sure the comparison between those two very disparate subjects will be lost on those involved, but they won't be fazed I'm sure: just so long as enough cash comes in, who cares what the output (or lack of) is?

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:37 am

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm

I don't see a A/P on either island

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm as inclined to believe this article in The Onion as much as I am to believe the remains on the island are actually Earhart's.

https://www.theonion.com/report-human-b ... 1823623725

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:02 am

Man/woman eating crabs aside...
Hypothetical situation....A scientist gets his data from a group/person with a vested financial interest in the outcome.
The findings are what the data provider has been pitching for years.
It is at odds with other scientific finding from researchers presumably without a financial interest in the outcome.

Would you unquestioningly trust the scientist's report?
Discuss.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:52 am

JohnB wrote:Man/woman eating crabs aside...
Hypothetical situation....A scientist gets his data from a group/person with a vested financial interest in the outcome.
It is at odds with other scientific finding from researchers presumably without a financial interest in the outcome.

Discuss.

That was my thought too: Mr x helped with...., Mr x supplied.....

So Mr x got the outcome he asked for.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 am

Funny, that's exactly what I thought as well.
These bones would have to be ID'd by at least a couple of independent sources (like, say, the Smithsonian or some group like that) before I'd even start to believe they might be hers.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:23 am

Discuss.

Anything that comes from or involves TIGHAR is suspect from the get go! Most successful public grifters I have ever seen.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:07 pm

The main thing I have learned from TIGHAR is that if you put a ruler in a photo next to an object it makes it archaeologically significant. Good stuff. If the ruler wasn't there I would think the jar they found on the island was taller than the antique freckle cream jar.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:09 pm

I didn't think they could possibly top the two-people-on-a-wharf-who-really-don't-look-anything-like-Earhart-and-Noonan photo scam. but darn, they've proved me wrong again. I presume the History Channel's investigation is still "ongoing"?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Is TIGHAR responsible for this most recent laughable episode, or is this someone different?
I hope someone finds evidence of them someday, but most of all I hope it's someone that TIGHAR can't possibly lay any claim to the discovery, so they'll look even more foolish than we know them to be.
Post a reply