Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Earhart bones
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:02 am 

Well Gillespie has done it again. He has sucked Richard Jantz into measuring the skull found on Nikumaroro to compare to a picture of Amelia wearing a leather flying helmet.

Malcolm McKay wrote:

And here's the latest burst of scientific physical anthropology from TIGHAR

https://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic, ... l#msg42249

Find a picture of Earhart wearing a flying helmet so that, just like they did for her arms with the photo of her in a shirt, they can determine the size of her skull. I have to pause momentarily to catch my breath, this groundbreaking research is truly breath taking.

Does this mean that TIGHAR has accepted that the confirmation of the bones identity might be less than 99.9%.

Stay tuned...... pop2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:03 am 

There are not enough adjectives in the dictionary to say how ridiculous this hatched up plan is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:19 am 

running scared, afraid to lose...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Eagleflight wrote:
Well Gillespie has done it again. He has sucked Richard Jantz into measuring the skull found on Nikumaroro to compare to a picture of Amelia wearing a leather flying helmet.

Malcolm McKay wrote:

And here's the latest burst of scientific physical anthropology from TIGHAR

https://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic, ... l#msg42249

Find a picture of Earhart wearing a flying helmet so that, just like they did for her arms with the photo of her in a shirt, they can determine the size of her skull. I have to pause momentarily to catch my breath, this groundbreaking research is truly breath taking.

Does this mean that TIGHAR has accepted that the confirmation of the bones identity might be less than 99.9%.

Stay tuned...... pop2

Does the skull have the 1/2" hole in it to the sinus from Amelia's surgery? I hope Gillespie remembered to use the correct size drill bit! :lol:

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:33 am 

Mark Allen M wrote:
iowa61 wrote:
There are actually many "clues" to Earhart's fate.

Sorry, No clues (only clueless). If there were anything remotely close to reality in direction or location there would be no you and your TIGHER cult for one, two you wouldn't be here on WIX preaching your flawed scientific religion and three these "many clues" would add up to one big discovery. In other words this AE nonsense is horsesh*t plain and simple. She's dead and gone. Time to move on pal and find yourself (and your other obsessive friends) a "living" woman to stalk and fantasize over.

iowa61 wrote:
You still don't grock the Scientific Method but you might be getting there.

Your 'grock' is a 'crock' like in a crock of sh*t ... but you keep dreaming.

iowa61 wrote:
If you find the pursuit of Earhart's fate such a "waste of time," you have an odd way of showing it. Particularly ironic given your demand to be "shown" incontrovertible fact.

Negative! what I find a waste of time is fools such as yourself that show up on a "Warbird" forum preaching your garbage for over 10 pages about scientific BS and wasting space on this site with the same regurgitated crap that is better suited for other obsessive websites, or at the very least buried away somewhere else on this site were only the crackpots hang out. We've been down this road before with some other knuckleheads that finally got the boot. The only thing that is NOT a waste of my time is to continue to lobby for this worthless thread to get locked down and then, what a surprise, you disappear. Unfortunately the mods all must be on their spring break vacations as quite frankly I'm baffled as to why this garbage thread is still alive. But it's not my site so whatever.

Your getting your *ss kicked from all sides on this website and you still come back for more. Your world must suck to live in.

Starting to get it now?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:24 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Some more information on the "Earhart bones" story. Another study of the Hoodless data study by Cross and Wright has a different conclusion that that of Jantz.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinakillgrove/2016/11/02/the-mysterious-disappearance-of-amelia-earharts-skeleton/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Most AE buffs,
(especially the conspiracy buffs who think:
-The engines of the Electra were secretly changed to give it more performance
-She was lured off course and picked up by Japanese commandos/pirates who then scuttled the Lockheed,
-or most of those who fall for the continuing TIGHAR theory/soap opera/line of radio calls heard only by a schoolgirl, the wreck vanishing JUST before the Navy search planes arrive, and the myriad other excuses for coming up empty after spending millions of tax free dollars
-the crash was bad enough to hurt Fred but apparently not bad enough to prevent the engine being run to provide radio power
-they ran out of fuel....but still had enough to run the engine ...see above :))
are Looney Tunes.
I believe that's an approved diagnostic term... :)

Really....
The group trashed the reputation and qualifications of the real, honest to Gosh MD who actually touched the bones, basically calling him a drunk when they disagreed with his gender and race assessment.
BUT, they made their new "conclusive" theory based on his measurements.
Do I have that right?
So if he was wrong when he came up with a non-TIGHAR theory, but suddenly he's right (if not a genius) when his data helps them "prove" their case.
Is it just me or is that ironic/nonsensical/hypocritical?

BTW...are they still threatening to sue WIX?

BTWII...I don't suppose the group voluntarily mentioned Jantz' stunning work on the Bigfoot mystery?
That fact was also not reported by the media (Washington Post, Fox, National Geographic, etc) who have the group lots of coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:53 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Quote:
BTWII...I don't suppose the group voluntarily mentioned Jantz' stunning work on the Bigfoot mystery?

That was not Mr. Jantz rather Mr. Glickman if I'm not mistaken. Glickman provided the new bone measurements so they could change Amelia's height thus paving the way for the 99% nonsense. Garbage in..........garbage out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12