Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Attention T-6 Operators

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:38 am

Saw this today at AERO News Network http://aero-news.net/bannertransfer.cfm ... 79512255cb
Robbie :shock:

Re: Attention T-6 Operators

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 pm

That SAIB was issued as a result of this accident:

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Repor ... L&IType=FA

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Documentation matters -- it's important. Not just to please the regulator, but because only with good documentation -- and placarding where appropriate -- can pilots and mechanics figure out what's actually going on.

Almost no warbirds are stock anymore.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Can't help but wonder just how many Boeing built T-6s are affected by this...

T J

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:56 pm

I wish there was an STC for the South African fuel selector mod. It only has "on" and "off".

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 pm

I think there is a STC for this

STC for the South African fuel selector mod. It only has "on" and "off".

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 am

T J Johansen wrote:Can't help but wonder just how many Boeing built T-6s are affected by this...

T J

None…but Boeing owns the Type Certificate. Just like my Textron owns the TCDS for my Beech 18 much to my dismay….

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 am

Speeddemon651 wrote:I wish there was an STC for the South African fuel selector mod. It only has "on" and "off".

Boy I sure don't. My T6 is the only airplane I've ever almost run out of gas (due to an unusual ridiculously high fuel burn). Thankfully I had some fuel in left in the other tank when the first tank ran dry 30 minutes earlier than it should have….
Post a reply