Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Restorations
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 pm 

GRNDP51 wrote:
Ryan Harris wrote:
avenger2504 wrote:
Ah I see very interesting. So are they restoring it as a military Bearcat or it's original configuration and colours?

It’s original configuration is a military Bearcat. I’ve read that the plan is to paint it as the first Bearcat owned by PoF from the 50’s to the 70’s.

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/registration/N4995V or is it 56 with a "V" on the tail?

??? Wish they would do something different, 2 Bearcat's airworthy in one year and they are nearly the same. Can't wait til the yellow and white Cat is flying :D

56-V would be my guess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:03 am 

The French Corsair based in La Ferté-Alais near Paris is due to fly in the coming months after an 10 years restoration.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:55 am 

ErrolC wrote:
The Ripper wrote:
Jerry Yagen's P-39, out in New Zealand, may also be ready for next year, though I haven't seen any pictures of it recently.

Paul says that it is a lot closer than you would think from looking at it. He said 'Early next year .... September?' - bit of a tricky fella is Paul :-) But definitely expected at some point in 2018.

Update from Dave Homewood - "A couple of months" after a visit last week. Included in WONZ Show Live

Also AvSpecs say the Mossie is mid-to-late 2018, but that is not really an update.

And some new P-39 photos on Pioneer's webpage.
http://www.pioneeraero.co.nz/projects/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 pm 

JohnTerrell wrote:
The third Mosquito by Avspecs, owned by Rod Lewis, is slated to be completed/ flying this coming spring.

Update from NZ Warbirds re Nov 18th Open Day

Quote:
PZ474 a British built de Havilland DH98 Mosquito is set shortly to fly over Auckland skies once again and will be on static display at the Open Day, fully completed but not yet cleared to fly. We may be able to have her started and taxy. Her new paint scheme is on and she looks amazing. 
Extraordinarily with her own original Merlin engines being refitted, having been overhauled in the States, PZ474 is in the final stages of her fabulous restoration here at Ardmore and test flying is imminent. Her magnificent camouflage paint work is being completed, the D-Day invasion stripes added, rockets and mounts fitted to the under-wing and all the final attention to details concluded.

The Ripper wrote:
Jerry Yagen's P-39, out in New Zealand, may also be ready for next year, though I haven't seen any pictures of it recently.
Historic Aircraft Collection's DH-9 should fly next year also.

P-39 has been stated as static (rather than possible flying) for NZ Warbirds Open Day on Nov 18th.
DH-9 has been doing taxy runs this week, so likely imminent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6