Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Reno 2017 Unlimited Gold race

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:56 am

The Reno 2017 Unlimited Gold race is finally up!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvRmZZZEzF8
Jason

Re: Reno 2017 Unlimited Gold race

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:49 am

Awesome video! Thanks for the time and preparation it takes to make that, it is greatly appreciated!

It looks like on final that Voodoo's engine was making some weird noises and vibrations intermittently. I assume this is why Steve-o shut off the engine after landing? What exactly was wrong with the engine?

Do you have any other cameras/angles/views of "The Pass" on the final lap?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:41 am

OD/NG wrote:Awesome video! Thanks for the time and preparation it takes to make that, it is greatly appreciated!

It looks like on final that Voodoo's engine was making some weird noises and vibrations intermittently. I assume this is why Steve-o shut off the engine after landing? What exactly was wrong with the engine?

Do you have any other cameras/angles/views of "The Pass" on the final lap?

Thank you very much!!
Yes, the carburetor was not happy after the race, luckily it held together as long as it did, you see Steve trying to keep it running so he could taxi back to the pit but it finally said 'nope, I'm done'. After he came to a stop he tried to get it started again with no luck, so he just waiting for a tow. they checked the engine the next morning and all it needed was the carburetor swapped out and she was good to go, the screens were pulled and were clean. He flew her home the next day on the same engine.
Unfortunately, no, these are the only two camera angles we had from this year, only the one camera in the plane.
Thanks again!!
Jason

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 pm

That was the most enjoyable 17 minutes of my entire day! Awesome sauce!
Post a reply