Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Air Corp Specifications
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:37 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Hey all: In chasing parts for my AT, I've run across a series of specifications that I have not been able to locate. Maybe some of you have seen them before. While a number of the electrical items have AN specifications, a lot don't. What they show is a 94-xxxxx for a spec and often it's listed as G.F.E. For those that don't know that coding, it's Government Furnished Equipment. Some of the items list manufacturers, but others do not. Some of the items have what is listed as a Type Designation, that makes it easy to figure out what it is, such as C-4 Cockpit Lights. Here is a list of a couple items that have all three bits of info:

C-4 Cockpit Light 94-32294 Standard Aircraft SA-1007-D
B-16 Compass 94-27807 G.F.E.

The list goes on. Most items I can find readily, but with so many overlapping Type designations, I want to find the correct parts. A good example is the cockpit dome lights are carried as A-9's, but interestingly, so are all wingtip nav lights. What differs between them is the 94 spec.

Anyone come across these specs before and any idea as where to obtain copies?