Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:36 am 

Hey all, long time lurker here (Joined back in 2018) and am looking for your help in identifying what this stick assembly would have been fitted to.

I've recently acquired this set from the over the Pond for spare parts for my '51 cockpit project'

The pedal assembly is clearly a North American Aviation product and is set up to install in the rear cockpit of a T6, but it's the complete stick assembly that I don't recognise. It looks to be a set from the same A/C due to the identical color scheme (the paint looks original) and even the way the bolts have been lockwired but the part numbers don't match with any catalogues I have. NAA part numbers are 2 digits, a dash then the remaining numbers whereas the ones on this setup are different. It is definitely not a T6 stick as the gooseneck casting and even the length of the torque tube are wrong.

The torque tube appears to be a short one with the mounting plate bracket casting being the ends and then a short tube screwed and lockwired in at each end to hold the gooseneck and tail bracket.

I've been advised that the 82 serial does have some links to the T6 and even a B25C ...but we all know the B25 has a yolk not a stick !... and I am quite frankly 'stumped at the moment. Would be awesome if anyone could confirm either the manufacturer or even the A/C this would have been fitted to.

Any help gratefully received !

My p-51D Cockpit Project
https://www.facebook.com/gary.dean.92/m ... 592&type=3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:09 am 

Geedee wrote:
...but we all know the B25 has a yolk not a stick !...

Yolk? Try yoke.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:30 am 

RV8er wrote:
Geedee wrote:
...but we all know the B25 has a yolk not a stick !...

Yolk? Try yoke.

Yeah...them too ! :-)

My p-51D Cockpit Project

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:51 am 

Hopefully no typo's or spelling this time ! :-)

Also noticed that each assembly on the stick set-up has the letter 'R' cast into it...could this be a 'Republic' assembly ?

My p-51D Cockpit Project

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:00 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Those sure aren't NAA welds and the elevator travel limit stop bolts are not correct. The correct NAA bolts have a slightly domed head and were fully threaded.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:27 pm 

Looks like T-28 parts to me, but its been awhile since I was under the cockpit on T-28.