Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 am 

Back in June 2007, Warbird Mechanic posted a subject regarding the Curtiss AT-9 in which he related his father's experiences flying the type at Laredo (he gave it as "Loredo") Texas. I really need to chat with him about this....

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:15 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

If you know where his original post is from 2007, post your question there so the WIX topic notification e-mail will be sent to him if he still has the same mail address. I searched for that post but the search words are too common for the WIX search box to initiate the search for the 2007 thread. If there is a unique word or phrase in his 2007 post that makes a lot easier retrieval possible

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:28 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Keyword "Loredo", and here you go (page 2 of the thread):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13583&hilit=loredo&start=15

Mechanic: "Flap switch checked OK. Pilot needs more P.T." - Flight report, TB-17G 42-102875 (Hobbs AAF)

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:29 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

DOH!!! So, this is what old and clueless feels like? :?

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:00 pm 

Thanks folks. Being also old and useless, I actually did try that but, as with most things digital, I have utterly no idea if it even came close to working...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:54 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

RB-18B wrote:
Thanks folks. Being also old and useless, I actually did try that but, as with most things digital, I have utterly no idea if it even came close to working...

Ummm, what did you do? If you click on the link that Chris Brame found for us and post your question there, then that will automatically send an E-mail to Warbird Mechanic's E-mail. It will get to him if he still uses that address. At the same that old discussion will appear here on the current front page of the Hangar....what we call a "zombie thread"..back from the dead, as it were. Bringing it back to the front page may also tweak someones memory if they knew Warbird Mechanic's given name and may be able to alert him if his E-mail is different now?

By the way..I said clueless, not useless. Below worm food is useless..I've a bit to go before I get THERE! And so do you! :lol:

DBF