Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:23 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Dave, you ,or I could tell Danny to close the door until we were blue in the face. The result will be pictures with the door open :roll:
As my dear departed Grandmother would say "you might as well save your breath, to cool your porridge".

That Canuck is the first airplane I flew to Geneseo. Great to see it getting some use training some new taildragger pilots.

Let's keep in touch. We could meet in St Catharines and arrive at Geneseo together. Could be fun.

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:38 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I booked a reservation at the Country Inn, hopefully it'll be a good show....

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:07 am 

Has any heard anything about this show? I've literally seen nothing about possible aircraft attendees.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 am 

Only one I've seen scheduled to date is P-51 Quicksilver.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'll say it... its very annoying how NWM handles the planning of the airshow. They apparently don't start planning until 3 to 4 months before. (Someone who knows more please correct me if I'm wrong). They also don't release the roster until a month before. You would think you'd want to hype up the show with consistent updates of booked aircraft (Thunder).

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:54 am 

I share the frustration on their lack of information about attending aircraft. I know many people traveled to this show regularly, but no longer do. People have to make plans early in the year. When aircraft rosters aren't posted until May/June, people won't come.

The Warrior Flight Team (http://www.warriorflightcharity.org/calendar) also has Geneseo on their schedule. The Tinker Belle C-46 also has Geneseo listed on their Facebook page. That is all I can find.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 am 

Aircraft mentioned as attending are all semi regulars or annual visitors it seems. Location and access are becoming the main reasons to attend as opposed to what shows up. I say this as a hard core air show attendee not a guy who goes to one show a year and doesn't care what is there. I get the feeling that the casual attendee is the target audience as they require less effort to get through the gate.

Not sure how many years ago they were voted as one of the top ten air shows in the USA ( and a few years ago they were ) but they clearly are flogging that to death as they don't even come close to that any longer. I wasn't going to attend this year but my brother is traveling close to 1000 miles to go to this show so I will be there.

Come on NWM, give us a bone and let us know what is going on.

Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:39 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

people were getting upset that aircraft on the list weren't showing up because of weather and other issues. They won't post a list unless thy are 110% sure that aircraft will be at the show. Waiting at the last minute aggravates me more then anything.

Its a good show regardless.

my .02

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:24 pm 

On the NWM website and FB page only last years information is displayed, other than this years dates. Last year May 15th was the date they put out a press release with details about the show. They listed 4 acts (including the no show Fake Wulf 190), and later added 2 P51's, C-46 and aerobatic acts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:31 pm 

Remember that the NWM (despite its old/new name) is a very small, grass-roots organization. They have always done a good job despite their lack of big budgets and full-time staff, and deserve our support. Even in bad weather it's a great place to see old airplane fly!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mark Sampson wrote:
Remember that the NWM (despite its old/new name) is a very small, grass-roots organization. They have always done a good job despite their lack of big budgets and full-time staff, and deserve our support. Even in bad weather it's a great place to see old airplane fly!

I agree totally, but I don't think that excuses them for the lack of any timely updates or planning of the event. I mean they've been hosting an annual show for almost twenty years now. They need to start planning and posting about the show WAY earlier in advance. It only hurts there overall proceeds to not do that. It also appears they have no contempt for their audience because of this. But I suppose they assume the majority of attendees are locals within 30 miles of the airfield. Not die-hard Warbird fans traveling across multiple states. :?

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

Last edited by Warbird Kid on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:09 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Mark Sampson wrote:

They might be less small and have bigger budgets if they put the effort into organizing and promoting the airshow! They have great advantages in the airport, the national brand and sentimental attachment people still have for them, and the lack of competing shows in the region. Maybe they are happy with the current scale of the operation. If they aren't, it's on them.

August

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 am 

I am fine with the current size of the show. I have to agree with k5083 that not having any announcements prior to May must be impacting attendance. In particular, there has been a noticable drop in the number of aviation photographers/writers. Without them, you lose alot of "free" publicity.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:39 pm 

Tomorrow is June 1st and there are still NO updates regarding attending aircraft or performers. The website lists 4 of the same planes/acts they had last year. It does say tickets go on sale tomorrow but I'm hoping this is in conjunction with an announcement. :?

The show is a little over a month away. I remember when we had a planned list of attending warbirds in March/April, with a late update or two in May.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:26 am 

Any news of Geneseo??? Seems a bit strange not having updates on the webpage a month prior to the show...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next