Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:27 pm 

If you or someone you know just purchased and removed a North American T-6G from Maryland on Sunday, you unknowingly purchased stolen property. This project and was not and is not for sale. No charges will be filed and your funds returned to you. Your information will be keep confidential. Please call me 410-771-9426 or pm.
Patrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:46 pm 

NAA T-6G 51-14862

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Is this the one that was on Barnstormers, N7013C?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:31 pm 

Not N7013C.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It all sounds pretty hush-hush by not disclosing any details, yet If you're asking for help in a public forum. :)

If you're that sure of the facts...that the aircraft was stolen (or illegally sold so the "seller" is at fault)..has the FBI been called?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:15 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

JohnB wrote:
It all sounds pretty hush-hush by not disclosing any details, yet If you're asking for help in a public forum. :)

If you're that sure of the facts...that the aircraft was stolen (or illegally sold so the "seller" is at fault)..has the FBI been called?

the FBI would not involve their agency in this theft. the county or city criminal investigators would.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:24 am 

No FBI involvement at this point. My hope is to reach the unsuspecting buyer and arrange for the return of my property. If the buyer does know the property is stolen then that is certainly another issue all together. The T-6 and or restoration community is not so big that a new project would go unnoticed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

You're not providing very many details. Does this have anything to do with a divorce case, rental fees, some type of legal dispute or was this aircraft just stolen by unknowns?

You indicate it was purchased by someone. Who sold it? If it was sold, wouldn't the seller know who bought it, have a phone number, etc.? How are the "funds" going to be returned to the new buyer if it was actually sold/stolen by unknowns?

Without any details, it sounds like you lost some type of legal dispute and just want the new owners name.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:26 am 

Mike,
Yes, currently in the middle of a divorce. Not finalized yet, neither one of us can sell any property. Her lawyer says it was sold a couple of weeks ago. She won't reveal the buyer or buyer location. I figured it's someone in the community who didn't know the backstory and unsuspectingly bought stolen property and the legal mess that follows. Hey, if I can make contact with this person, I'm more than willing to avoid the legal tangle and pick up my project and give them their money back. Funds will be made available.

mike furline wrote:
You're not providing very many details. Does this have anything to do with a divorce case, rental fees, some type of legal dispute or was this aircraft just stolen by unknowns?You indicate it was purchased by someone. Who sold it? If it was sold, wouldn't the seller know who bought it, have a phone number, etc.? How are the "funds" going to be returned to the new buyer if it was actually sold

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:11 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

pilot06 wrote:
Mike,
Yes, currently in the middle of a divorce. Not finalized yet, neither one of us can sell any property. Her lawyer says it was sold a couple of weeks ago. She won't reveal the buyer or buyer location. I figured it's someone in the community who didn't know the backstory and unsuspectingly bought stolen property and the legal mess that follows. Hey, if I can make contact with this person, I'm more than willing to avoid the legal tangle and pick up my project and give them their money back. Funds will be made available.

mike furline wrote:
You're not providing very many details. Does this have anything to do with a divorce case, rental fees, some type of legal dispute or was this aircraft just stolen by unknowns?You indicate it was purchased by someone. Who sold it? If it was sold, wouldn't the seller know who bought it, have a phone number, etc.? How are the "funds" going to be returned to the new buyer if it was actually sold

pilot06,

Received your PM's. No, I don't have any involvement with this aircraft.

Why isn't your attorney all over this? If this was your property and "stolen" as you say, why aren't the local police on the case? Did you file a police report?

Get a copy of her/your cellphone records, I bet a phone number is in there.

No need to PM me anymore. This is your problem, not mine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:22 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

pilot06 wrote:
Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about your pending divorce. Been there done that and it sucks. I will tell you that using the word "stolen" in your post is misleading and incorrect. What you have is a civil issue and dispute over jointly owned property. You and your attorney are going to have to sort it out with the court handling your divorce. Law enforcement is not going to get involved if you haven't found that out yet.

Last edited by maxum96 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:28 pm 

Theft is theft. In a divorce case, unless a judge says it can sold it can't be sold by either party. It's against the law to do so and can lead to one party receiving 100% of the proceeds. Either way, I want it. Not for sale.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:33 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

pilot06 wrote:
Theft is theft. In a divorce case, unless a judge says it can sold it can't be sold by either party. It's against the law to do so and can lead to one party receiving 100% of the proceeds. Either way, I want it. Not for sale.

I understsnd you want it back and i don't blame you. But if it was a theft the police would handle it. But it's a civil issue and that's why they're not involved. I'd venture to say you already contacted your local law enforcement agency and have been told this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:37 pm 

Charges have been filed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:53 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you, and I hope you can get it back. But here is the best free advice you are going to get during your divorce. Unless you are extremely wealthy and can go to the mat in court on everything with your lawyer, the only people who are going to benefit from this are your lawyer and her lawyer. She just picked probably the biggest, most-sensitive heart string to pluck, and got your attention. Now, you are going to spend resources and emotional time going after this, when what you need to do is work towards an agreement to split. You can ride the lawyer train in that direction, spending heavily as you go, or you can start swallowing your pride and get to a deal. Whether or not you like the fact, unless you exist in a world that none of us exist, the sooner you come to the conclusion that you are going to suffer loss of financial assets in the form of a legal division of assets between the two of you which is fair in the eyes of the courts, the sooner you are going to be done with this. Broadcasting it here is not going to help you in this process; getting into a position/forum/discussion where you can wrangle out what is hers and what is yours is going to help. Be calm, be civil, be objective, be patient, get it done. Then, be free, and start your T-6 all over again.

Good luck, and if my advice pans out, give a donation to WIX.... when you are able.