Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:19 pm 

Since I will be in Oregon for a wedding I was checking the Erickson website and found out that the Liberty Foundation will be Taking "Madras Maiden" on tour starting in March. Stops in Portland and Eugene , Oregon, then onto California. Didn't they use the "Movie Memphis Belle" last year? Glad they are offering another B-17 to tour. I checked as much as I could to see if this was already reported and found nada.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:56 pm 

Yes, it's been reported:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59375&hilit=madras+maiden

BUT, it's always nice to have a reminder for those that missed the first posting!

BTW, for you super sleuths, this info was available before it was released via a press statement to the general public. Let's just say that the internet is amazing!

The "Movie Memphis Belle" has been transferred to the National Warplane Museum at Geneseo, N.Y. Remember this aircraft is still owned by the Tallichet estate and was only leased to the Liberty Belle Foundation and is now being leased to the NWM in New York.

The "MMB" will be giving rides in their B-17 as soon as they gain FAA approval, btw.