Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:19 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Thanks for the update. Security has always been an issue at the Races. Forty or 50 million dollars worth of airplanes, lots of dark corners, and all sorts of people wandering around. Two or three unmotivated rent-a-guards can't do much to watch everything. Remarkable that there's never been an significant problem.

---Wingman Photo---

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:09 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

The P-51A "Mrs. Virginia" came into today's final Silver race in the third spot, and ended up passing "Wee Willy II", placing second, in front of all three of the D-models competing, only losing to Dusty Dowd in his very fast Yak-11.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:16 pm 
KiwiZac

Wicked. I think I do need to buy the DVD!

"It's his plane, he spent the money to restore it, he can do with it what he wants. I will never understand what's hard to comprehend about this." - kalamazookid, 20/08/2013
"The more time you spend around warbirds the sooner you learn nothing, is simple." - JohnB, 24/02/22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:12 pm 

The Vampire after pulling off the course

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:41 pm 

JohnTerrell wrote:
The P-51A "Mrs. Virginia" came into today's final Silver race in the third spot, and ended up passing "Wee Willy II", placing second, in front of all three of the D-models competing, only losing to Dusty Dowd in his very fast Yak-11.

Do you know that Dusty's Yak is powered by an R1830? That thing moves right along. he flies a great line as well.

here are some of my pics from the weekend.

That is a small scratch of the surface of what I shot over the weekend.

Will

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:45 pm 

Don't feel like you need to hold back from posting more! :^)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:26 pm 

AG pilot wrote:
Don't feel like you need to hold back from posting more! :^)

I need to process them first. It was my first year shooting from the pylons. That was a new experience. It was pretty awesome. Here are a few more.

Will

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:39 pm 

Did not fly or race

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:27 am 

Will

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:31 pm 

I have a few I can post but I've had to move to Flickr and can't seem to figure out how to copy the files over. "Copy Link" doesn't seem to bring the photo over, at least not in preview. I just get this text:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/5946902@N ... ed-friend/

Some nice step-by-step instructions for Photobucket in the "How to Post" thread, but my bucket is full over there. Can someone help?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:27 pm 

garbs wrote:
I have a few I can post but I've had to move to Flickr and can't seem to figure out how to copy the files over. "Copy Link" doesn't seem to bring the photo over, at least not in preview. I just get this text:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/5946902@N ... ed-friend/

Some nice step-by-step instructions for Photobucket in the "How to Post" thread, but my bucket is full over there. Can someone help?

Flickr is what I use. Its not exactly straight forward however. In order to post, you must select your pic, In the lower right corner you will find an icon that has a down arrow and a line below it. Click it and select "View all sizes" That will bring you to a 1024 view of the pic. From there you can right click and "Copy Image Address". Once you have that, come back over here and click the "IMG" button. That will create the image insert code Paste your image address between the IMG and /IMG and hit enter.

Will

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:06 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Gawd that sounds like a lot of fiddling to post a picture. I'll make real sure I don't fill up my Photobucket account.

You did good at Reno, Will.

---Wingman Photo---

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:31 am 

After looking at those shots, it would be great of RARA would have us shoot from pylons that don't suck from 11am till 5pm or so. A little background would be nice as well. Pylon 2 gives you a lot of backlit stuff, as does 8.

Neal, thanks. That means a lot. Its good to hear I did ok from the pylons from someone who has shot so many pics from the location.
Will

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:05 pm 

Thanks, Will - sorry for the delay but we got 7" of rain in 24 hours at our land west of here and had to go do some clean up.

OK - test post follows:

Seems to work! First try I copied over one of the brackets - procedure is not as onerous as it first sounded and I don't think I'll fill up 1,000 GB over here.

Thanks again, and great shots. I won't be matching your quality since I was in Section 3 most of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:17 pm 

Hope no one minds if I continue on active duty warbirds for the moment. The Blues did two practice days and two full shows. On the second practice flight, tail end Charlie (a two-seater) dropped out of the diamond and executed a hasty landing. Within about 60-seconds he jumped into a single seat model and rejoined. Word in the stands was that his VIP passenger had stomach issues and redecorated the rear cockpit. No confirmation on that, however.

Two QF-4's arrived on Friday (I believe) with an overhead and two impressive afterburner go-arounds each:

They were then cleared to land on 14, which is on a diagonal to the grandstands.

The two F-35's did an overhead (which I missed), but no flybys, coming in on 14 with no further fanfare:

Possibly the last photos I'll ever take of an airborne F-4 :(

All for now - hoping for more from Will.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next