Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: The Unofficial 2016 Oshkosh thread...

Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Good turnout of aircraft at Heavy Bombers Weekend in Janesville today. All of the aircraft are on their way to Oshkosh. The C-1 Trader crew said they are planning on arriving Monday morning. Also had four Avengers - three on the ground, one that performed a couple passes and never landed. Should be a good year for Turkeys at Oshkosh!

Also heard buzz that a Hamilton Metalplane is coming to Oshkosh as well. I know it's not a warbird, but I'd guess that it's probably the only survivor.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:38 am

Last-minute entry for judging from Tab-Air:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=57E8D0D0

Well, just being a bit silly (There's a shocker)...nice to see a smooth wing fit on Corsair 92050.

https://www.facebook.com/WarbirdHeritag ... =3&theater

Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:17 am

2 more Skyraiders just arrived - total of four on the ground at OSH. Outstanding!

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:47 am

Planning to be up there on Wednesday...hopefully the weather is good - seeing chance of storms Wed-Sat.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Tri-State P-40M and P-51 Toulouse Nuts drawing a lot of attention.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:50 pm

I'm so glad the P-40 made it! This Kiwi would be very grateful to see any shots of it.

Also, Toulouse Nuts is a damned fine-looking machine. Very pretty but also "real", if that makes sense?

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Looks like A-26 Silver Dragon had a nose gear failure. Initial reports are that everyone is O.K. Bummer, lovely plane. I hope they can get her fixed up ASAP.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:12 pm

TAdan wrote:Looks like A-26 Silver Dragon had a nose gear failure. Initial reports are that everyone is O.K. Bummer, lovely plane. I hope they can get her fixed up ASAP.

and the owner is a prolific wix member.....bummer

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:03 pm

I would add the Stinson L-1 as a strong contender to take home an award. Nice to see the Tri-State P-40M and Toulouse Nuts make it, and Paul Keppeler's F-86 is an absolute stunner.

Stayed on the flight line after the show and got some great jet warbird flying from two of the F-86s, a Marchetti and two T-33s. Also got some awesome passes from two QF-4s on arrival. Unfortunately also witnessed the incident with the A-26. Sad to watch. I feel really bad for Tim and his crew, especially after getting the fresh engine back so recently. Thankfully, it appeared that everyone walked away unhurt.

Here are a few quick pics from today.

ImageIMG_0777 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0803 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0834 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0857 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0877 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0922 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:36 pm

I have the exact same QF-4 shot, I must have been next to the previous poster, the volunteer is taking the same step!

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:38 am

I'm not back in PA to confirm, but I believe we have scratched from osh with the C-123. I know we have had engine problems on the one engine and had to cancel two other prior shows.

But hopefully next year we will have a C-47 that will be able to make it.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:48 am

Two Notes;

I can see a C-123 from my window here so we do have at least one in attendance. Two would have been better - sorry to hear about the scratch.

Another unfortunate scratch is Rod Lewis' A-20. It lost an engine 100 miles short of OSH and is down safely (AFAIK) but will not attend.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Thunder Pig arrived Monday. Impressive display of reverse thrust as she heaved herself backwards on to the psp.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Looks like I was in the right place at the right time. Lets hope this is the last plane crash I am able to shoot. ImageA-26 Crash by Nick N, on Flickr

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:32 pm

kalamazookid wrote:I would add the Stinson L-1 as a strong contender to take home an award.

Here are a few quick pics from today.

ImageIMG_0777 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

Post a reply