Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: The Unofficial 2016 Oshkosh thread...

Tue May 17, 2016 5:27 pm

What a line-up of films and presenters! What a treat! I have a guess as to who the presenter for the Star Wars film is...

Sat May 21, 2016 8:57 pm

CAF has indicated that the Centex Wing is sending the P-39 to OSH along with (previously-mentioned) B-25 Yellow Rose.

https://www.facebook.com/lists/10152205 ... F/?fref=nf

Car door fans...ASSEMBLE!!!

Sun May 22, 2016 5:47 am

2 F-4s possibly arriving early week and leaving before the weekend. 1 for static and 1 for flying.

Sun May 22, 2016 10:01 am

Nathan Truninger wrote:2 F-4s possibly arriving early week and leaving before the weekend. 1 for static and 1 for flying.

Great news, I am hoping Doc also joins the Oshkosh crowd!

Sun May 22, 2016 2:18 pm

If Doc joins and they get the Mars (or both Mars) there would be no reason to go elsewhere.

Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Nathan Truninger wrote:2 F-4s possibly arriving early week and leaving before the weekend. 1 for static and 1 for flying.

Nathan - received a second confirmation over on the F-4/QF-4 Phantom Facebook page that Holloman is planning on sending TWO QF-4 Phantoms to EAA AirVenture this year!

Really shaping up to be a standout year at Oshkosh for jet warbirds and warbirds in general.

Glad I am planning on attending my second EAA AirVenture this year (2010 was the first)!

:D

Tue May 24, 2016 2:20 pm

I wonder if the F4 and other jets will get to do a dusk flight again this year? That was really good to see.

Tue May 24, 2016 4:54 pm

That is a beautiful shot!

Wed May 25, 2016 11:42 am

Nathan,

Do you have insider information from the Air Force that this is happening? We'd love to have them, but we have not heard anything about their arrival, and currently don't have any information about flying in the show.

Thanks,

Andy
Last edited by z24nemesis on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 26, 2016 2:55 pm

z24nemesis wrote:

Nathan,

Do you have insider information from the Air Force that this is happening? We'd love to have them, but we have not heard anything about their arrival, and currently don't have any information about flying in the show. Please contact me at aovans@eaa.org so we can get this rolling!

Thanks,

Andy

Oh, if this is true it will be very hard not to make OSH16 my second year!

Fri May 27, 2016 7:40 am

Daily airshow schedule posted!

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-ai ... -to-lineup

Multiple opportunities to see the Mars in the air (nice!). Lots of other great acts... Texas Flying Legends, Canadian Harvard Aerobatic Team, Tora! Tora! Tora!, Class of '45, plus the daily Warbirds of America shows. I'm interested to see what the "Final Countdown" pass will be- I'm guessing a Super Hornet will "shoot down" one of the Tora! planes.

Should be another great year!

Fri May 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Don't read this if you are betting on Doc being at Oshkosh 2016.... :(

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... 0527epilot

Fri May 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Wasn't betting on Doc being there this year. Chances seemed slim at best.

It will fly when it's ready and that will be a great day.

Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 am

I'd love for it to be...but would rather have it ready than forced. The day is coming when nearly all warbirds will be grounded as we lose more and more for safety reasons....get it right, take all the time.

Maybe they can get the other Mars to attend in its place. ;)

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:12 pm

z24nemesis wrote:

Nathan,

Do you have insider information from the Air Force that this is happening? We'd love to have them, but we have not heard anything about their arrival, and currently don't have any information about flying in the show. Please contact me at aovans@eaa.org so we can get this rolling!

Thanks,

Andy

Found this today:
Lt. Col. King is hoping to get the QF-4s out and around to air shows this year while they’re still around, but with only eight available aircraft and four pilots, the 82nd ATS is stretched thin for availability to attend public shows. He is looking at taking the QF-4 to EAA AirVenture, the Reno Air Races, Nellis AFB’s Aviation Nation, and the Sioux Falls Air Show later this year. Testing requirements and availability will be the ultimate determining factors in their attendance.

Found it here:
http://airshowstuff.com/v4/2016/phantom ... -a-legend/
Post a reply