Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:43 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

The Canadian Forces Snowbirds will be there July 30+31...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:09 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

After having a great first experience last year, I'll be returning with my Dad for his first trip to Oshkosh in 2016. Really excited for him to experience it since he was the one who got me interested in warbirds as a kid.

According to Randy Ball's schedule, one of his MiG-17s will be there.

I'm really looking forward to the potential Centennial of Boeing celebration that I've seen mentioned several places.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gee willikers, Bryan...must be the warm weather. 8)

Anyway, Tim Savage has already committed with A-26 "Silver Dragon".

B-17 "Aluminum Overcast", of course. As for how many other big Boeings...?

I would imagine John Swartz would be displaying his F-86A, after last year's no-show.

Tejas Flying Legends...Warbird Heritage Foundation...Cavanaugh...CAF...

Only time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:23 pm 

I hope the Dehavilland Mosquito returns!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:47 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Dan K wrote:
Gee willikers, Bryan...must be the warm weather.

I'm digging the weather, but it was the schedule announcements made yesterday at ICAS that prompted this post.. ;-)
I did give you like an hour after they came out to start the OSH thread. :lol:

In other news the F-35 is joining the F-22 as part of the Heritage Flight program. :supz:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:40 pm 

kalamazookid wrote:
After having a great first experience last year, I'll be returning with my Dad for his first trip to Oshkosh in 2016. Really excited for him to experience it since he was the one who got me interested in warbirds as a kid.

According to Randy Ball's schedule, one of his MiG-17s will be there.

I'm really looking forward to the potential Centennial of Boeing celebration that I've seen mentioned several places.

2015 was my first year to attend as well and I had an amazing time. I really hope that I can make it in 2016!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:35 pm 

Excited to see all these new attendees/first timers to the show....last year was my 24th consecutive and my fathers 41st.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:13 pm 

A few years ago a friend in the UK told me that when once I had been to Oshkosh once I would be back each year. Having been for 3 years now I booked my hotel for next year in August and my flight as soon as they went on sale.

I also hope to visit the Heavy Bomber Weekend on the drive up from Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:00 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Yak 11 Fan wrote:
A few years ago a friend in the UK told me that when once I had been to Oshkosh once I would be back each year. Having been for 3 years now I booked my hotel for next year in August and my flight as soon as they went on sale.

I also hope to visit the Heavy Bomber Weekend on the drive up from Chicago.

Not sure if you've heard, but the Heavy Bombers Weekend is moving from Madison, WI to Janesville (JVL) this year. I'm not sure how the change will affect the event, but I had a lot of fun at Madison last year. Really informal, good access to the aircraft, constant action with aircraft starting up and taxying, and lots of chances to take a warbird ride at many different pricing levels. It appears that Fifi will be back next year. I plan on attending and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Oshkosh that weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Add Brad Deckert's TBM...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, you read it here first...

B-26K "Special K"!

The boys from Tejas have made OSH 2016 their official objective. Who are we to argue with them?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34145&start=3555

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CAF-Dixie Wing have scheduled their SBD and P-51 "Red Nose", and have hinted at sending the P-63.

Until now I hadn't thought of a multiple SBD presence, but I suppose it's a burden we'll just have to bear somehow...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It appears both FIFI and B-25 "Yellow Rose" have committed to Heavy Bombers Weekend in Wisconsin. Does it seem likely both would remain for the Big Dance starting the day after?

In other news: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:51 pm 

I only found out last night I will be at Oshkosh. My wife bought me the trip as a birthday gift and anniversary gift.

I guess turning 50 is worth it, as is being married 25 years to the same lady! What a great wife! :spit

I last had a chance to attend in 1993, I received a call a night before Ross Grady was leaving for Oshkosh in his P-51D asking if I'd tag along. It was a Sunday night and I couldn't get my leave approved by any of my superiors in the military. I couldn't get in touch with anyone in the pre-cellular days!

I would have flown down in his Mustang, his AME was too sick to travel.

I recently retired from the RCAF after 25 plus years, several guys I served with on Hornets are now with the Snowbirds. So I will have some of my ex-Squadron mates to tilt wrists with!

My ten-year-old son gets to go too!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:20 pm 

Scooby wrote:
I only found out last night I will be at Oshkosh. My wife bought me the trip as a birthday gift and anniversary gift.

I guess turning 50 is worth it, as is being married 25 years to the same lady! What a great wife! :spit

I last had a chance to attend in 1993, I received a call a night before Ross Grady was leaving for Oshkosh in his P-51D asking if I'd tag along. It was a Sunday night and I couldn't get my leave approved by any of my superiors in the military. I couldn't get in touch with anyone in the pre-cellular days!

I would have flown down in his Mustang, his AME was too sick to travel.

I recently retired from the RCAF after 25 plus years, several guys I served with on Hornets are now with the Snowbirds. So I will have some of my ex-Squadron mates to tilt wrists with!

My ten-year-old son gets to go too!

Now that's very cool. You may want to get some muscle relaxers for you grin muscles as well as a brace for your wrist. Those 12 ounce curls can really get to you :drink3:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next