Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Soplata Collection Sold?

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:16 pm

I myself have not seen them... They are in the belly of the B36..... I friend was in there last week and told me about them..... I did find it kind of strange, but with this collection you never know..... By the way the F-86 could be a E or F instead of a A..... It is hard for me to tell without looking at the ID..... Sorry to ruin the crated P-47 in the B-36, it is not there.....

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:26 pm

If I had all of the money in the world, I'd own a B-36 project and give Tom Reilly about half of my money to make it fly...

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Kyleb wrote:If I had all of the money in the world, I'd own a B-36 project and give Tom Reilly about half of my money to make it fly...

Its an incomplete example, right?

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Pat Carry wrote:
Kyleb wrote:If I had all of the money in the world, I'd own a B-36 project and give Tom Reilly about half of my money to make it fly...

Its an incomplete example, right?

It was disassembled the hard way by the USAF. What's there is fairly beat up, and I'm sure there are some very important pieces missing.

It isn't like you can easily find six R4360's and props configured for the -36.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:06 pm

What happened to the A-26/ On-Mark Marketeer?

T J

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 pm

The A-26 could still be there, I myself have not seen it yet.....

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:46 pm

bsoplata wrote:We are trying our best to see them go to good homes..... The B-25 is in New York being restored.....

Great news....

Where in N.Y. ?

Thanks,
Phil

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:53 pm

https://warbirddigest.com/warbird-news/2017/09/11/1114/

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks, interesting story.

We need an up-date... :)

Phil

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:40 pm

what about the cf100 and victor cockpit?

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Would love to create some space in the shop for what's left of the XBT-12. :heart:

Mrs. K just reminded me we have to get kids #4 & #5 through college yet.

Killjoy. :lol:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:39 pm

CF-100 is still here, so is the Victor...

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:39 pm

CF-100 is still here, so is the Victor...

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:18 pm

Don’t waste your breath talking about restoring the B-36 to flight or whatever. Really dumb thought. I got to tour the one in Nebraska as the owner of the Falcon I fly had a family member that was a crew chief on one. The tour was given by a former B-36 pilot. It’s an outrageous design that had lots of magnesium in it’s construction, many miles of wiring and hydraulics and was quite difficult to land, especially in a tailwind. It would nice on display or better yet, someone buy it and use in their hangar for an office and sleeping quarters.
The cockpit is small and cozy but the other areas have more room. The bomb bays are massive.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:04 am

marine air wrote:Don’t waste your breath talking about restoring the B-36 to flight or whatever. Really dumb thought. I got to tour the one in Nebraska as the owner of the Falcon I fly had a family member that was a crew chief on one. The tour was given by a former B-36 pilot. It’s an outrageous design that had lots of magnesium in it’s construction, many miles of wiring and hydraulics and was quite difficult to land, especially in a tailwind. It would nice on display or better yet, someone buy it and use in their hangar for an office and sleeping quarters. The cockpit is small and cozy but the other areas have more room. The bomb bays are massive.

Thank you, Mr. Positivity!
Post a reply