Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What are your favorite B-25 paint schemes?

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Chris Brame wrote:Might as well toss in Pacific Princess as she looked in 1955 in the movie 24 Hour Alert:

Otherwise known as "Jack Webb meets the Air Force". :)
It reminded me of a cross between Steve Canyon and Dragnet.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:36 pm

any one with a cannon nose!!!

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:51 pm

andyman64 wrote:any one with a cannon nose!!!

Couple here ..

North American TB-25H (originally B-25H-10-NA, SN 43-4897) probably at AMARC, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz. (U.S. Air Force photo)

North American TB-25H (originally B-25H-5-NA, SN 43-4460) assigned to the Air Weather Service. (U.S. Air Force photo)

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:01 pm

Dan Jones wrote:"Shangrila Lil".

Anyone got any pictures of her?

I'm surprised that no one else chimed in on this reference. This was from the short lived TV Show "Salvage One" where Andy Griffith plays a junkyard owner. I don't remember the gist of the series, but I know in one episode, he builds his own rocket which takes him into orbit. In another episode, they find his B-25, which was part of the Tokyo Raid, still intact in China, so he goes to fly it out. Problem is that it is guarded by a Japanese soldier who is still following his orders to the letter to guard the plane. There were two B-25s in the episode...the aforementioned Shangri-La Lil, and a second one that Andy Griffith practiced takeoffs with. Anyone know which two these were?

Andy Griffith had a history with B-25s, as his first movie "No Time For Sergeants", they are flying in a B-25

Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Ok here she is... Shangrala Lil, taken after the TV show, enroute to Long Beach to film 1941, where the nose art was painted out. Today known as Photo Fanny.

Pat Rodgers
Attachments
Shangrala Lil_resized_1[2].JPG
Post a reply