Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

C-54 "Spirit of Freedom" gets new paint!

Thu May 01, 2014 1:43 pm

We finally were able to put together all the pieces to get the 54 to Mena for paint. She has been in the paint shop for 2 weeks and I am now able to share some photos with you.

See you around the circuit!

Re: C-54 "Spirit of Freedom" gets new paint!

Thu May 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Awesome! Hope to see her soon! She's looking alot more authentic now! Has the interior been spruced up a bit? I remember a couple models had become loose in there showcase. Things like that.

Thu May 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Looking very good! :D :D

Fri May 02, 2014 9:48 am

sweet! how many cans of krylon does it take to cover a bird that big? ;) Seriously Excellent news for you guys!

Fri May 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Chris,

We've got a guy on that. However, we're going to be slowly redoing the displays anyhow.
Anyway.. Here's an outside shot. The "Spirit" will be at the St. Louis Airshow this weekend in her brandy new Alumi-Grip paint!

Fri May 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Sweet!!

Fri May 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Beautiful Machine!!! :drink3:

Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 pm

She looks great guys. Here's to a long and fulfilling airshow season! :drink3: :drinkers:

Fri May 02, 2014 11:15 pm

She looks great! I was hoping to get to see the C-54 at Roger's place down in Mena but it turned out I had to go pick up the work plane from him about three days before you fellows were to fly in.

-Tim

Sat May 03, 2014 8:38 am

Looks great! Can't wait to see her at a couple shows this summer! Looks like I'll be seeing the Spirit and Willoughby and Warsaw.

Sun May 04, 2014 12:36 am

Very nice Kevin!

Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 am

What's the status on the C-97? When will we be seeing her at airshows?

Mon May 05, 2014 7:56 am

Can't wait to see the C-54 in Reading next month. The new paint job looks great.

Mon May 05, 2014 9:54 am

C-97 should be (In a perfect world) running by mid-summer. I wouldnt expect a show this season, but you never know. I'd expect next season. But... you never know.

Funding funding funding.

If you want to help out, you can mail a check to

Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation
PO Box 782
Farmingdale, NJ 07727
Post a reply