Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 pm 
No Longer Active - per request

Heinkel 59 (W.Nr.1821)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:08 pm 
Aerial Pirate

CDF wrote:
Heinkel 59 (W.Nr.1821)

Now that is a beast!!

We must limit politicians to two terms:
one in office and one in jail.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

all excellent & have never seen any of them. the natter is especially cool. unpublished / or unseen pics are boundless!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:11 am 

JG26 1940

Stab II.JG 27 Stabswappen 1941

JG 27 Balkans 1941

I/JG 3 Staffelabzeichen pilot Detlev Rohwer RKT

JG 27 Jan. 1940 Magdeburg Ost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mark Allen M wrote:
JDK wrote:
OK, can people take it easy?

Looks like everyone is fine to me and I would respectfully suggest that there are many non-professionals who's contributions also make WIX a worthwhile place to visit. Perhaps not for you but that's your choice to judge your experiences here as you wish. I'm appreciative of the contributions of both professionals and novices no matter what their respective fields or interests happen to be and they all hold the same weight IMO. Luckily for me I hold everyone at the same level of respect and attention no matter what your title happens to be.

And no one need worry about being made to leave over this nonsense. Perhaps for others here it would be a good suggestion to relax as well and not try to make it what it isn't.

The only statements worthwhile should be a few thank you's for a very nice set of photos that someone took the time to post for us pros and novices to enjoy.

I was hoping to let this go by, Mark, but as you've decided to put your misunderstanding of what I'd said as part of your signature, maybe it's worth trying to clear it up.

Simply:
1. Everyone deserves a courteous response, and being treated with respect.
2. Everyone has different stuff and levels of knowledge to share. Pretending where all equal, rather than equally deserving of good manners (until we cease to deserve them by our own behaviour) is silly. For instance, if you wanted to know about flying, building or foreign licence production of the Mustang, Jim Harley, the late, lamented 'The Inspector' and I all have views, but one obvious area of authority of those three.
3. Nothing I said was about 'titles' or status. I don't (and never have) cared. The status that matters is the manners you show and the knowledge you share. Don't suggest I think otherwise, thanks.
4. I was pointing out the fact that some people chose to share knowledge here for free that is actually stuff and time from their earnings. That's more generous, and worth acknowledging.
5. The contributions of (aviation history) media professionals and warbird professionals are limited on internet forums, and people do just walk because it's not worth their time. That doesn't mean other contributions aren't worthwhile - any more than a lot of advice can, eventually, up to match one pro's diagnosis.
5. I was asking for a little consideration in the thread - considering others were throwing insults at large areas of the site's population, or taking offence for others who weren't offended, it's a bit rich their junk is ignored and I get told I'm being an elitist for requesting some manners and respect for others. More fool me perhaps.
6. For what it's worth, I think a many of your recent threads have been excellent photo essays, and an asset to WIX (The Tinian thread, for instance). Putting up a bunch of images without caption, comment or source is fine, but the effort isn't in the league of those who've done more, like yourself, or those that know more and chose to share it.
7. I hope this is more a misunderstanding of what was said and meant, rather than a real difference of views.

Anyway, I'm otherwise done with the pig wrestle in this thread. Back to the Luftwaffe images, I trust.

Regards,

"Switch on the underwater landing lights"
Emilio Largo, Thunderball.

www.VintageAeroWriter.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mark Allen M wrote:
JDK wrote:
OK, can people take it easy?

Looks like everyone is fine to me and I would respectfully suggest that there are many non-professionals who's contributions also make WIX a worthwhile place to visit. Perhaps not for you but that's your choice to judge your experiences here as you wish. I'm appreciative of the contributions of both professionals and novices no matter what their respective fields or interests happen to be and they all hold the same weight IMO. Luckily for me I hold everyone at the same level of respect and attention no matter what your title happens to be.

And no one need worry about being made to leave over this nonsense. Perhaps for others here it would be a good suggestion to relax as well and not try to make it what it isn't.

The only statements worthwhile should be a few thank you's for a very nice set of photos that someone took the time to post for us pros and novices to enjoy.

I was hoping to let this go by, Mark, but as you've decided to put your misunderstanding of what I'd said as part of your signature, maybe it's worth trying to clear it up.

Simply:
1. Everyone deserves a courteous response, and being treated with respect.

Something you've had a problem showing others time and again, the sad part of it for you is your so pompous and arrogant you don't even know how disrespectful you really are.

2. Everyone has different stuff and levels of knowledge to share. Pretending where all equal, rather than equally deserving of good manners (until we cease to deserve them by our own behaviour) is silly.

Apples and Oranges. Many do have different levels of experience and knowledge to share which deserves equal attention and respect no matter how many books one may have read or written. You may feel the need to place people on levels but I certainly don't. This is an Internet forum where my level of respect is much higher for effort and contribution no matter what level of knowledge you claim to possess. Unfortunately I've received one too many PM's from members afraid to post on this site for fear of being ridiculed by the very pompous arrogant A-holes being discussed here. It takes a lot to impress me, but very little to show appreciation.

For instance, if you wanted to know about flying, building or foreign licensee production of the Mustang, Jim Harley, the late, lamented 'The Inspector' and I all have views, but one obvious area of authority of those three.

And if one is not capable of sharing his area of authority without chastising others who perhaps may ask an amateur question or two, then their input is worthless. I've said this time and again, a teacher's knowledge is only as valuable as his/her capabilities to teach.

3. Nothing I said was about 'titles' or status. I don't (and never have) cared. The status that matters is the manners you show and the knowledge you share.

You contradict yourself if you state you don't care. Manners matter indeed, but the knowledge you share should have nothing to do with one's status here. We're all the same. We're here to teach and to learn and above all to be respected for what we try to teach and how we try to learn and who knows ... Maybe even have some fun without fear of being ridiculed or belittled.

Don't suggest I think otherwise, thanks.

I don't but I really think you do.

4. I was pointing out the fact that some people chose to share knowledge here for free that is actually stuff and time from their earnings. That's more generous, and worth acknowledging.

I have no problem with that, although no one's twisting their arms to share valuable money making information with anyone here that I can see. I would also suggest those very folks you may be referring to most likely benefit financially as well from free information generated on this site from non-professionals. I know I've been asked several times now for assistance in supplying photos to someone's project that is clearly being generated for profit.

5. The contributions of (aviation history) media professionals and warbird professionals are limited on internet forums, and people do just walk because it's not worth their time. That doesn't mean other contributions aren't worthwhile - any more than a lot of advice can, eventually, up to match one pro's diagnosis.

There's certainly some differences as to who you and I may refer to as professionals here.

5. I was asking for a little consideration in the thread - considering others were throwing insults at large areas of the site's population, or taking offence for others who weren't offended, it's a bit rich their junk is ignored and I get told I'm being an elitist for requesting some manners and respect for others. More fool me perhaps.

Perhaps you need to step back a bit and consider your level of consideration for others, your track record speaks for itself. This isn't our first rodeo ride. Your pompous ness is your own worst enemy, always has been.

6. For what it's worth, I think a many of your recent threads have been excellent photo essays, and an asset to WIX (The Tinian thread, for instance). Putting up a bunch of images without caption, comment or source is fine, but the effort isn't in the league of those who've done more, like yourself, or those that know more and chose to share it.

Again this is an area where you need to perhaps learn to just shut up. Who are you to decide what's someone's effort or not. I don't judge, nor do I need to state my opinions, on the level of contributions from others. I could care less the level of contributions as I only have an interest in the generosity of one's contributions. No one needs to post photos here whether captioned or not. I'm simply grateful they choose to do it at all.

7. I hope this is more a misunderstanding of what was said and meant, rather than a real difference of views.

Sorry but there's rarely a misunderstanding with you. Feel free to take a look at this link. There's some merit there that perhaps will enlighten you.
http://replicainscale.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I'm otherwise done with the pig wrestle in this thread. Back to the Luftwaffe images, I trust.

I'll kindly suggest you take your own advice you once felt the need to give me long ago that that is to "man up and shut up"

Regards,

Last edited by Mark Allen M on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Pity.

"Switch on the underwater landing lights"
Emilio Largo, Thunderball.

www.VintageAeroWriter.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:04 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Nice photos there guy's, a lot of stuff Ive not seen before. Thanks a lot for your effort, I know the amount of time it takes to do this, just look back at some of my old photo threads. :D
Regards
Robbie 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:10 pm 

KGr 100 in Vannes 1941

H A1+BT WNr 4566 9/KG 53

Not LW just seems relevant that's all

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:06 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:03 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Wow!
Looks like that Heinkel crew is just about to have a bad day!

So many phenomenal shots, most of which, I've certainly never seen before.

Thanks folks

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 am 

All pics are wonderful....

Thanks to the contributors and may there be many more.

PS: Update - I've just sold my FWP-149D to a person who's father was a Luftwaffe navigator [shot down twice into the sea and POW in USA] and who's grandfather flew with Von Richthofen! Interesting family history..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

another totally untapped topic......... axis nose art. is there anything out their other than squadron emblems of japan / Germany, Italy?? or are us yanks the most depraved over sexed & then "over here" like the brits used to tease about!! god love their sense of humor & wit & sarcasm!! would love to see any any axis nose art of any nation. surely it has to exist beyond squadron insignias!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:24 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:29 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next