Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wish I could make it. Have fun guys!

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:44 am 

Pretty cool deal with the web cams... I just went over and took a look at the cam that covers most of the warbird area... It neat to think as I was looking that a little town is going to pop up over the next few days... A few tents starting to go up and there is already a Skyraider & Mohawk on site... I'm not going to say this as a complaint because I really appreciate being able to see whats going on each day - but if I had a wish - I would wish they added one more web cam to cover the corral where the Mustangs and Warhawks parked... As I watch from my office in Ocala, Florida - I also wish safe travels to all going this tear including visitors and participants alike... Post LOTS of warbird pictures please !!!
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MKD1966 wrote:
Pretty cool deal with the web cams... I just went over and took a look at the cam that covers most of the warbird area... It neat to think as I was looking that a little town is going to pop up over the next few days... A few tents starting to go up and there is already a Skyraider & Mohawk on site... I'm not going to say this as a complaint because I really appreciate being able to see whats going on each day - but if I had a wish - I would wish they added one more web cam to cover the corral where the Mustangs and Warhawks parked... As I watch from my office in Ocala, Florida - I also wish safe travels to all going this tear including visitors and participants alike... Post LOTS of warbird pictures please !!!
Mike

The offer still stands every OSH: Is there anything in particular WIXers would like photographed?

I only carry a point-n-click, so anything on the ground is fair game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:03 pm 

Dan K wrote:
MKD1966 wrote:
Mike

The offer still stands every OSH: Is there anything in particular WIXers would like photographed?

I only carry a point-n-click, so anything on the ground is fair game.

WARBIRDS, WARBIRDS and then some more WARBIRDS !!! Lol... I'll look forward to whatever you post...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MKD1966 wrote:

WARBIRDS, WARBIRDS and then some more WARBIRDS !!! Lol... I'll look forward to whatever you post...

Who said anything about posting? :-P

For now you'll just have to hit the webcams.

The museum's P-38 "Marge" has been towed next to "Bad News" the Skyraider.

The real P-64 and and a Mustang now out with some Cold War jets at the West Ramp.

I wonder if the Mossie, J2F, and Buchon will make it closer to the flightline this year?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 am 

Dan K wrote:
MKD1966 wrote:

Who said anything about posting? :-P

For now you'll just have to hit the webcams.

The museum's P-38 "Marge" has been towed next to "Bad News" the Skyraider.

The real P-64 and and a Mustang now out with some Cold War jets at the West Ramp.

I wonder if the Mossie, J2F, and Buchon will make it closer to the flightline this year?

I guess that means that the Eagle Hangar is off limits to us peasants again this year? That's one of my biggest AirVenture gripes, it's not like I get out to Oshkosh every few weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Something new: Classic Jet walkarounds

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-ai ... -scheduled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:03 pm 

Dan K wrote:
Kaigun Fan wrote:
Hey Dan K.,

So, for sure, Zack will be doing his get together/WIX BBQ on Thursday, July 31st?

If so, I may just have to arrive on Thursday instead of Friday.

Thanks,

Ron W.

Anyone else able to RSVP already?

Having never been to a WIX gathering before would it be ok for a confused looking Englishman to come and say hello?

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this post, looking forward to arriving....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yak 11 Fan wrote:

Having never been to a WIX gathering before would it be ok for a confused looking Englishman to come and say hello?

We'd be grossly offended if you didn't!

I'm confident you'll blend in well with the confused looking Americans, Canucks, Ozzies, etc. :drink3:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:56 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I just DARE them to move the Skyraider.............. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Looks like a Spitfire on the warbird ramp, but my eyes aren't good enough to tell whether a replica or not. Help.

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-ai ... re-webcams

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:28 pm 

Looks a bit like TP280, not seen it since it left the UK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:31 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Midwest Aero posted some video and a photo of Rudy Frasca's Spitfire TP280 stopping by in Danville for a visit, this past Monday - as previously posted, it appears to be the one.

Speaking of Midwest Aero, I wonder if they'll have their latest P-51D repair/rebuild job, "Frances Dell", there. On Courtesy Aircraft's website, they state that the F-51D "Was That Too Fast" (last year's Post-WWII Grand Champ) will be there. They also now have the aircraft marked as sold.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Fagen Fighters reporting Lt. Col. Dick Cole appearing with "Paper Doll"...Thursday afternoon Warbirds in Review.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just an update on the AirVenture WIX Gathering - it will take place Thursday, July 31st from approximately 6pm to ?? The location will be at Dave and Cindi's camp spot in Warbirds Camping. The exact location is camp spot D-13 (delta thirteen), which is just about in the middle of Warbirds Camping (Last year they were in D-8, so some of you already have a good idea on location). They have a Keystone Cougar 5th wheel camper with "Dave and Cindi" on the front along with some Mooney markings. For those of you unfamiliar with Warbirds Camping, this is the area with all the RVs and 5th wheel campers located directly west of the main warbirds and reenactors displays. We'll try to have the usual "Welcome WIXers" P-47 banner up somewhere where it can be seen.

Come as you are. Burgers, brats, and pulled pork...assorted beverages...Gemuetlichkeit the Wisconsin way!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next