Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Not sure, anybody interested?

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:42 pm

Nice work as always :drink3: !

Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Did some Corsair today...elliptical tubes, fittings and blocks were all lost to the Reno race mod.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37 am

Scott, every time I click on this thread, I am amazed by your artisanship. You rock.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:25 pm

^^^^^^^ What he said! ^^^^^^^^

Andy

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks Guys :drink3:

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:55 pm

amish119 wrote:The alclad issue on our bird is from the two full paint jobs SAAF and Corporate Jets and subsequent stripping processes. People actually sanded through the alclad.

Ok, I'm confused... :?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Get you one...

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:14 am

sdennison wrote:
amish119 wrote:The alclad issue on our bird is from the two full paint jobs SAAF and Corporate Jets and subsequent stripping processes. People actually sanded through the alclad.

Ok, I'm confused... :?

That guy had several posts the other day that were a little off base................. New guy either not familiar with the language, a spammer, or maybe a little "off the beaten path" :)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 am

I think he's referring to the ex-SAAF Sabre 6 in Montana that's painted in Minute Men colors.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 am

Actually was my quote discussing issues on our Sabre restoration. Just don't know why he posted it here....

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:32 am

hello! this tread il dead now?

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Hopefully not, very much enjoying the finer technical details all the way from the start of this thread, and all the way from Scotland.

Hope all is well Scott

Andy

(Very long time Wix lurker mostly)

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Don't pay the ransom...I escaped. Sorry Gang, too much going on, too many places to post info, computer problems and I'm basically a Dork anyway. Will try to get caught up. Also changes to Photobucket...grrr.

Poor man's 3D for the oil cooler door skins. I pulled fiberglass flashings off the originals on loan. Then made a forming block from that. Crude but it will work. Like a fiberglass buck. The flashing is off of the outside skin of the original so if I form new material into the buck,I will have the skin as needed.

Body working any flaws

Flow forming

I think this will work just fine...film at 11. 8)

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:04 am

Good to see you back, Scott. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Mac

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks, Mac!

So, sometimes a job comes along just fit for your tools and equipment. I was asked to make these side covers for a Garrett engine but without the cut outs and with some extra stock. Tried a couple things before the process came to me. They were low crown end to end but rather high crown (in comparison) side to side. Luckily, I had both the proper tools. The Wheel did the low crown very nicely, but if I wanted it to do the high crown as well, I curled them into a potato chip. But wait! Yup, linear stretch dies in the Pullmax did the trick. After the low crown I could easily put the high crown in on the Pullmax. Sometimes, in spite of myself, I get it right...

Post a reply