Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Not sure, anybody interested?

Tue May 03, 2016 10:01 pm

More details...

Went from the incorrect glossy gull grey to flat black for the forward view...glad I am not in charge of all those wires. :shock:

Remember the shiny new aileron tips? Oh yeah, they need to be red...DOH!

Tue May 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Engine in for good this week. Tail on for good. About them wirey things in the cockpit? Time to go...

Dang there are a lot of stencils...

Wed May 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Made some leading edge slat locks for the Mk VI. All stainless. Just need to add the "Remove Before Flight" flags.

Sun May 15, 2016 7:55 am

Not sure, original poster interested?
https://goo.gl/photos/WV8U8YKtM6a5c6DL6

Sun May 15, 2016 10:52 am

fnqvmuch wrote:Not sure, original poster interested?

no file found. Error 404

Sun May 15, 2016 4:58 pm

A little more Sabre stuff as that project is nearly ready for flight tests. So, the Crew Chief gave this lower panel that had a really bad fiberglass dome in it. He said, make it better, I missed deeper... So I made a new FG mold off the old part and a really nice FG part hand laid cloth and matt, then primed and painted silver.

Then I got the message that it needed to be deeper as it is under a quick drain that was impinging, hence the cracks and broken sections.

So I thought, make a quick plug to make another mold from and then the dimwitted light went on, make it from aluminum dumbass...

The Pullmax and the wheel and some hand work later...

Finished slat lock pins...

This is the belly pan that spans the lower fuselage on the Sabre. Paul liked the screen printing. When cleaned up, gathers drippings and dirt and had not been washed in a looooong time, found neat pencil notes matching rib locations, I am guessing.

Just like so many projects, no one will see this but in our hearts we know...

Sun May 15, 2016 5:10 pm

It's vewy, vewy, cwose now..he he he he

Sun May 15, 2016 5:35 pm

fnqvmuch wrote:Not sure, original poster interested?

sorry having trouble not trying to be mysterious;

Sun May 15, 2016 7:20 pm

PM sent

Mon May 16, 2016 12:51 am

spare a thought for NQWarbirds: a great effort already and some very tired arms now, but the fella who showed me around this yesterday could not have been more accomodating of a total stranger ... i hope to have some contact details soon
steven

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:35 pm

A lot going on". Sorry for being offline. Much to come. Thanks WIX friends.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Canopy details finished...pressurization seal resealed, rails painted, original marks preserved.

Had to be able to see inside while I painted so I used Glad Wrap to mask with a view...

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Next, we wanted to fit a retro ADF in the canopy but needed the forward mount...

Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:52 pm

That is some seriously cool detail work. I like it! Thanks for sharing your work!! :drink3:

Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Prize pony at stake...Uncle Jack lent me his pony as a prize to this contest.

Who knows why these extra lines are on the F86? On the stainless tail cone. What do they mean and why are they there (besides the fact that I painted them there)? The winner must provide proof that they can take care of the pony and sustain the life style to which he is accustomed....

Post a reply