Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:19 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

One of the unintended side affects of Mark closing his photobucket account and moving to flickr is that all of the images linked to photobucket now have broken links. I have quite a few of his images on file and will be relinking them to the posts but as you can imagine it will take a long while, especially since the save photos have different file names that the one used in the posts. However, the alternative is to delete the posts, and the attendant conversations and I'm not going to do that. I will be replacing the over 4000 broken links in the coming weeks and hopefully be able restore, most of these wonderful posts back to there original state. This is the first of several hundred posts I will be sorting through. Thanks for your patience.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:44 pm 
Aerial Pirate

Wow, talk about a project, thanks Scott!

We must limit politicians to two terms:
one in office and one in jail.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 am 

Scott,

That is truly going above and beyond. Thank you! :drink3: :drink3: :drink3:

Richard

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:46 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Thanks Scott. Just another reason why this is an AWESOME site! :drink3:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:33 am 

Great service to the community.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:50 pm 

When the 39th Fighter squadron converted to P-38F models, from the P-39. The entire squadron had sharks teeth painted on their engine cowlings. Not just Richard Smith's "Japanese Sandman II", which is actually a "H" model and came along sometime after Smith's "Japanese Sandman" which was an original 39th Fighter Squadron "F" model.
"Japanese Sandman II" centre section, outer wings, engines, cupola and gun nose, are still at the crash site near Girua Airfield(wartime Dobodura) in Oro Province, Papua New Guinea. Only the tail and booms were recovered. Not only was the Westpac P-38F an original 39th Fighter Squadron aircraft, but it served in almost every other V Fighter Command P-38 Squadron during it's life. And was finally written off when the 36th Fighter Squadron converted to P-38s at Finchafen in 1944. It is an excellent example to represent an Air Force (The 5th) that operated over 1200 P-38s during their wartime service.
I embrace sharks teeth and invasion stripes when they were part of a particular aircraft's history. Sharks teeth just because they look good is disrestectful to history. It's akin to Ben Affleck, in the Movie "Pearl Harbour" taking off in a P-40E and landing in a P-40N, it treats the viewer as a fool.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR P-38 PARTS

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:03 am 

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
I have quite a few of his images on file and will be relinking them to the posts

Thanks for your efforts Scott, I've enjoyed those threads! :drink3:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
One of the unintended side affects of Mark closing his photobucket account and moving to flickr is that all of the images linked to photobucket now have broken links. I have quite a few of his images on file and will be relinking them to the posts but as you can imagine it will take a long while, especially since the save photos have different file names that the one used in the posts. However, the alternative is to delete the posts, and the attendant conversations and I'm not going to do that. I will be replacing the over 4000 broken links in the coming weeks and hopefully be able restore, most of these wonderful posts back to there original state. This is the first of several hundred posts I will be sorting through. Thanks for your patience.

Scott I've PM'd you and e-mailed you regarding all the photos I've posted here over the years. I have every photo from every thread in organized folders. I did this just in case photobucket went south. I have them for you when your ready to reload them in whatever application you want to use. You shouldn't have much work to do at all restoring the threads. Even though I'm no longer posting here I'm not interested in depriving WIX of all the threads I posted photos in.

I'll still be lurking here and will continue to add necessary posts when something comes up regarding the photos I've posted. I'm not a complete a-hole about leaving WIX. :roll:

I've already got one guy pissing and moaning about the Flickr account I recently opened. my generosity is sure being tested lately. Scott feel free to contact me anytime regarding the photos. We'll get them figured out for you. Just don't waste any unnecessary effort reloading them the hard way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:03 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:02 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

That C-121 tops all:awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:21 am 

Love it. Thanks Mark and Scott.