Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:01 pm 

Warbird Kid wrote:
Roger Cain wrote:
I don't think this has been repeated at any other show.

Besides the proverbial meeting of "Joe" and "All American" back in the mid-nineties. I was there for the 08 show with my father to see both B-24s. It was really something. If there is a place to have all three meet……one day, it'd be Willow Run.

What do you mean "all three meet"? The only other B-24 that might be flyable is the one owned by Kermit Weeks, but it hasn't flown in years since at least he got it from Dave Tallichet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:24 am 

Just added,

The Commemorative Air Force's C-60A Lodestar "Goodtime Gal"! :wink:

THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:33 am 

Another rare Army Air Corps aircraft, seldom seen in the Central/Northeastern part of America, added to the 2014 show.

Nice catch, Michael.

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:53 pm 
NICE Addition! Looking forward to seeing the Houston C-60A Lodestar at Thunder.

Hopefully we will see a U.S. Army Air Forces WWII Transport flight with the C-46, C-47, C-60 and perhaps a C-45. And I know it's a longshot since they rarely fly in shows - it would be fantastic to see the BAHF C-54 added to the mix!

Can't wait to hear what's in store next.

:)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:29 pm 

Wow another good one for this year that will make the $50 entrance worth it. Now that is Four planes I really want to see - C-46, C-60, Diamond Lil and the P-63

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:02 am 

Oh sheesh, I honestly thought the Texan theme thing was an ironic joke at first, guess not.
Show seems to be shaping up nicely though, I'm hoping there will be some USAF participation this year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:56 am 

No USAF, USN, USMC, USCG statics for any air shows this year. Sequestration is going to be around for quite some time.

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:58 am 

TOM WALSH wrote:
No USAF, USN, USMC, USCG statics for any air shows this year. Sequestration is going to be around for quite some time.

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

Isn't Thunder getting the Thunderbirds? That costs more than just parking a couple F-16s on static for a couple days. Sun N Fun is getting the F-22 and Blue Angels this year. Not sure why local bases couldn't send some statics - Selfridge sending a couple A-10s and you wouldn't even have to put the pilots in hotels etc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 pm 

I hope that does not apply to fly-by's. I really enjoyed the Bone, B-2 and B-52 of years past.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:57 pm 
seabee1526 wrote:
I hope that does not apply to fly-by's. I really enjoyed the Bone, B-2 and B-52 of years past.

Military flybys are pretty much out for U.S. air shows this year just as last year. Other than the Thunderbirds and their F-16's, the only "current" military aircraft at this point you will see fly at Thunder Over Michigan is the Golden Knights C-31 Jump airplane.

The good thing about Thunder Over Michigan is that it is about vintage warbirds and those will be flying in force at the air show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:45 pm 

Everyones different, some like only props, others only jets, and some like me a mix of the two.
As stated, jets are always going to attract a larger crowd, so very good from a business standpoint. Love to see the f-22 demo, saw it only once in BC a couple years ago before they were grounded, very incredible machine that routinely does things no other jet is capable of doing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 am 

I don't know how an air show can say at this point that they have a Raptor demo.

The F-22's very limited 2014 schedule will not be released until the end of next month.

They should not be promoting it prematurely.

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:27 pm 

TOM WALSH wrote:
I don't know how an air show can say at this point that they have a Raptor demo.

The F-22's very limited 2014 schedule will not be released until the end of next month.

They should not be promoting it prematurely.

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

Released publicly? If so, I'm sure the people who do the booking would know what they do and do not have confirmed.

He didn't announce we were attending with the C-123K until a month or two before the last year, when the final contract was signed, but we knew we were attending in March...

Static: F-4C Phantom II, F-15A, T-3 Provost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:30 pm 

I don't know whos promoting what, just sayin I'd love to see it regardless of where it is at.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 pm 
As we approach the 5 month point to the show in August, we are in a little lull as far as announcements for the big warbird event. I am sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes and I look forward to future aiaircraft announcements when the time is right.

With a few more warbirds added to the lineup I am sure we are not too far away from seeing the first aircraft list up on the web site.

Should be a good year for warbird shows - first Valiant Air Command/TICO in just over a week, Planes of Fame Chino in May and then Thunder Over Michigan in August!

8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next