Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 am 

Too early to tell.

If it does miss the show, there are 3 other B-25'S attending, and they will be a good representation of the type.

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:16 pm 

myteaquinn wrote:
Just curious if after the taxiway photography is over on Friday afternoon will we still be able to go over to Ecorse Rd and watch the late arrivals?

If he was talking about buying tickets then I presume he was referring to show days and not Friday - I guess time will tell what the situation of Ecorse will be. With the Birds flying it wouldn't have been much of an option anyhow - Typically its closed off between Denton & Beck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:23 pm 

Thanks for the information Xray.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:03 pm 

jwc50 wrote:
The PB4Y-2 Privateer will NOT be making it to Thunder next month it looks like. :(

It was reported over on the Gosshawk Unlimited Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/GossHawkUnlimitedInc

It was going to be a highlight, but these things happen. Hopefully we can get at least one or two more nice additions to the lineup to at least partially make up for it.

Said it wasn't going to be at OSH, but didn't see anything about it not being at Thunder. It would really suck if it didn't make it, but fortunately there is so much other great stuff this year it isn't as big of a let down. Not the first time something I was looking forward to canceled - last year had some bigger let downs - Mossy, ME-262, FW190 and B-17 Chuckie canceling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:13 am 
Aerial Pirate

Boeing666 wrote:
jwc50 wrote:
The PB4Y-2 Privateer will NOT be making it to Thunder next month it looks like. :(

It was going to be a highlight, but these things happen. Hopefully we can get at least one or two more nice additions to the lineup to at least partially make up for it.

Said it wasn't going to be at OSH, but didn't see anything about it not being at Thunder. It would really suck if it didn't make it, but fortunately there is so much other great stuff this year it isn't as big of a let down. Not the first time something I was looking forward to canceled - last year had some bigger let downs - Mossy, ME-262, FW190 and B-17 Chuckie canceling

I asked and they said "Unfortunately not this year."

We must limit politicians to two terms:
one in office and one in jail.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:40 am 

Looks like there will be 30 Texan, SNJ and Harvard trainers sitting on the Willow Run ramp at this year's Show. Impressive!

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:40 am 

Roger Cain wrote:
Boeing666 wrote:
jwc50 wrote:

I asked and they said "Unfortunately not this year."

That sucks, that was one of the big highlights for me this year - however this is still one of the best line ups ever

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:15 am 

I have a Photo Pit/Photo Tour pass for the Thunder Over Michigan air show available for the Saturday (Aug. 9). Unfortunately my usual partner will not be able to come with me so I'm offering the pass here. You will have access to an early morning tour of the ramp and a spot in the Photo Pit. See here: http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/photo-tour/ for details.

I paid the early bird price of $95 for the dual pass.

It promises to be a great show this year. Check here for the list of aircraft: http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/aircraft-list/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 pm 

Sold! Thanks Ken.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:16 am 

Baltia Air Lines, 2014 Thunder over Michigan Air Show's Friday's Taxiway Photography, together with Saturday and Sunday's Photo Tour/Photo Pit slots, are all gone. Thank you to all who purchased these in advance. This is the eleventh straight year this area has SOLD OUT in advance of the event!

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 pm 

I have a photo tour and pit pass for sat Aug 9th, unable to attend and would like to sell $90. Anybody interested drop me a line.

Thanks Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:40 pm 

myteaquinn wrote:
Just curious if after the taxiway photography is over on Friday afternoon will we still be able to go over to Ecorse Rd and watch the late arrivals?

Not sure how the Thunderbirds are vs. the Blue Angels during practice time. I believe that the Thunderbirds will operate from another airfield as I have heard they like to have an 8,000 ft min runway, which currently YIP does not have due to it being closed for construction - so they may operate out of Selfridge or DTW

Anyway - in years past with Blue Angels, Ecorse Rd would be shut down from 1-4pm while Blue Angels practiced. I am assuming T-birds probably would also practice Friday and do their "Bearings" check for landmarks etc. I would assume after Thunderbirds are done, Ecorse Rd service drive would be open for all of us to park again and watch the remaining arrivals. Keep in mind wind direction - Ecorse Rd is useless if there is a north wind. According to the NOTAMs only 2 runways are currently open - Runway 23R/5L and 9L/27R so you don't have to worry about planes landing over by the landfill side this year. You may have to park by the old Zantop hangars if they are using 5L this year -which they did in the morning last year, we had no problem parking in that field and the light is just as good in the morning. The worst light at that location would be while the T-birds are up, then just switch sides once the T-birds are done. Being that the Zantop hangars are not in the T-bird showline, you probably wouldn't get kicked out of there

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:42 pm 

hurricane_yank wrote:
Will Yankee Warrior be ready for the show - or is it too early to tell?

Ok I missed something, what is wrong with the Yankee Warrior? I am supposed to fly on it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 am 

Quote:
Ok I missed something, what is wrong with the Yankee Warrior? I am supposed to fly on it

Yankee Warrior grounded in Indiana :( ... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53593

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:35 pm 

Aircraft list updated today.

Cheers,

Tom Walsh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next