Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:49 pm 

Hello Wixers:
From what I understand Yagen's aircraft collection is currently not for sale. Having said that does that include the Mosquito? There was some rumors that perhaps Rod Lewis was nosing around on that aircraft, but have not heard or seen anything since. Just trying to clarify if any one knows that the Mosquito is also off of the market as far as being for sale.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:26 pm 

Don't know, but Aeroplane Monthly reported that the MAM in Virginia Beach has acquired DH.89 Rapide G-ACZE from the UK. "Painted in a Royal Flight colour scheme, it replaces the similarly attired Rapide N89DH... sold by MAM to Lewis Air Legends..." Winter 2013 issue page 7. Goes on to say the Mosquito FB26 KA114 will now be staying in Virgina Beach.

Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. “

– Michael Crichton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 pm 

Slight thread hijack .. but does anyone know how much work Kermits Mozzie would require to enable it to return to flight ?
Since its just sitting at KOSH ... It must be tempting for him to turn it into $10 Mil to use on other projects...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:11 pm 

Bearcat SA wrote:
Slight thread hijack .. but does anyone know how much work Kermits Mozzie would require to enable it to return to flight ?
Since its just sitting at KOSH ... It must be tempting for him to turn it into $10 Mil to use on other projects...

I think (from Mr.Weeks' social media feeds) that he intends to hold on to what he has and make himself a Walt Disney of the air to fund his collection.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

As was related to me by a few folks at the Museum, Rod Lewis was among those inquiring about the Mossie back in June, but as has been explained recently, the Museum is now stabilizing and no further aircraft sales are expected.

That's VERY interesting news about the "new" Rapide... I know that was commonly known as Jerry's favorite aircraft to fly, and I'm sure it gutted him to part with it.

Lynn