Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:01 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

From B'stormers:

http://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php?PHP ... cfa9660b8b

TF-51 DUAL CONTROL MUSTANG PROJECT • $1,200,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • TF-51 Full dual control project: Fuselage was converted to full Temco TF-51 specifications by Square One Aviation. Other completed restoration work includes engine mount, tailcone, horizontal stab, scoop and more. All work to Oshkosh award winning standards. An original Australian wing is included. Engine is a V-1650-7 with 500 heads and banks currently at Vintage V-12's. Prop is 0 time since new Aeroproducts P-51K prop. Big missing items include oil tank and intake trunks. A relatively easy restoration for any shop with P-51D experience - all the dual control work is done. Aircraft is licensed in the Limited Catagory. This maybe the last dual control mustang project available on the market. Call or email for spec sheet and photos. Simon Brown • Contact Simon Brown - BANTA AVIATION CORPORATION located Temecula, CA USA • Telephone: 951-258-4205 • Posted September 27, 2005

Okay, here it is:

I have, oh, $50 dollars and some change . . . Who wants to buy the TF and enter into a partnership? : ) [I'm joking, OK?]

Saludos,

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:16 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Is this aircraft the one:

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/p5 ... 2005.shtml

BTW Tulio...I'm in, too. I even volunteer to take one for the team and fly it once restoration is done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:36 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Yeah, looks to be the same, even the wing with the Australian roundel is the same as it appears on the photo at B'stormers; price is also 1.2 mill.

Randy, your spirit of sacrifice is duly noted. Now, come up with your $50 bucks : )

No free rides in this here partnership, pardner!

Saludos,

Tulio

Press "1" for English.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:23 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

and I'll provide technical docu, my $50.00 and I will volunteer to be staff historian, photographer, polisher and bean-counter

Martin

Post subject: 51
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:50 am 

Yep... I'm in... I'll put in some $$$ AND keep it polished... oh and I Randy, you can check me out in it! 8)

Really been watching this project since it is one I drilled out some rivets on a few years back. Use to go in the hangar where the wing was and dream of buying the project!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Brother Tulio,

I suppose I could partner with you, but $50 seems a little pricey for a pointy-nosed wind machine.

Now if you find a round motor/real project, my money is all yours... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:58 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

I'd pitch in some too, maybe even a lot more than $50 if I could have a say in what colors it got painted in...

Ryan

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:07 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

RyanShort1 wrote:
I'd pitch in some too, maybe even a lot more than $50 if I could have a say in what colors it got painted in...

My vote is 4th FG. I know, I know...4th FG airplanes are well represented in the warbird community and you're all probably sick of seeing them.

BUT

I'm a 4th alumnus (336th FS), so my vote is for a VF red-nosed paintjob...an *authentic* one. We'll overlook the fact that the 4th never flew TF-51s.

Since I'm also a 'serious' Mustang historian (hee hee), I also vote one of the options to be an authentic TF-51 paint scheme. So, it's got to be a ANG paintjob, of course. I don't know that I have a favorite ANG scheme...anyone? Anyone?

Tulio: I'm in for my share...hell, let's make it a Benny Frank ($100).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:08 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Dan K wrote:
I suppose I could partner with you, but $50 seems a little pricey for a pointy-nosed wind machine.

HERESY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:10 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Randy Haskin wrote:
My vote is 4th FG. I know, I know...4th FG airplanes are well represented in the warbird community and you're all probably sick of seeing them.

BUT

I'm a 4th alumnus (336th FS), so my vote is for a VF red-nosed paintjob...an *authentic* one. We'll overlook the fact that the 4th never flew TF-51s.

Since I'm also a 'serious' Mustang historian (hee hee), I also vote one of the options to be an authentic TF-51 paint scheme. So, it's got to be a ANG paintjob, of course. I don't know that I have a favorite ANG scheme...anyone? Anyone?

Tulio: I'm in for my share...heck, let's make it a Benny Frank ($100).

Well I'd have to back out with the paint money. I want to see a 45th FS P-51 marking for the under-represented Iwo Jima squadrons...

Then again, as a wanna-be "serious" historian myself, I guess you're right that it should be in authentic markings for a TF-51.

Ryan

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:41 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Simon is an old friend of mine, so I'll see if I can get him drunk and con him into selling the 51 for a much more friendly price than the one listed. Do you hear me young Mr. Brown. There is a large group of good people here interested in the 51, but we need you to remove some zeros from the total..... :wink: :lol:

T J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:17 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Dan K wrote:
Who wouldn't aspire to own a hot water toilet? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hee hee...

P-51 driver = Glycol-sipping, pointy-nosed penguin

(This is kinda' fun! :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:28 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

All I asked for, was a partner on this deal.

I am getting all kinds of flak: If it is round, if it is pointy, if it leaks oil or if it leaks glycol,.

For those heretics that dare to bespeak thy 51 Name in vain, ashes and fire (preferrably from a Cuban cigar) for you.

For those who propose a rounded nose aerodyne, I'll forgive ya, 'cause y'all don't know beauty when it screams in yer face: MUSTANG! MUSTANG!

So, if y'all don't behave, it makes no never mind, I'll take my 50 bucks and will buy it myself. Jeeeezz!! : )

Saluidos!

Tulio

Press "1" for English.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:03 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

The work that's been done on her is marvelous, there's no question, but $1.2M for an aircraft which isn't even half done seems mighty pricey to me. Plus the engine isn't even finished, and there's no telling how much that will cost to have fixed either. I can't see it being worth more than $700k in its present condition, and that's being generous.... there's probably at least $.5M left to do by the looks of the wing, engine, and all the internals which may, or may not have been finished. Like all warbirds though, the advertised price is rarely what the closing price is, so I guess it's priced high to get the $7-800k it'll probably go for.

Richard

PS. Like the idea of a WIX mustang consortium.... there are about a 1000 of us, so if we all just chipped in $1000 she'd be ours!