Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:10 pm 
No Longer Active - per request

Dispite my B.Cat/S.Fury, like most wixers I (WE) love ALL warbirds. My fav. Spitfire is the "Low Back" Mk XVI. I just saw the BBMF "New" Low back MK XVI took to skys again! GREAT! Then I saw that RW 382 is almost ready to fly (or did already) but was converted (Back?) to a High Back spit. (I KNOW, OWNERS CHOICE!!) I just WOULD LIKE to see the "Low Backs" stay that way, unless they started as a High Back ( Then again most of us would ALSO like the S.I Cover girl to "tuck us in to bed " every night) :wink: I know Lone Star's spit is a converted Low back (again Prev. owners choice) and that there are several Low Backs also being converted to "Highs". There is also the "Twist" that the S.A.A.F museum might still have the crashed Mk IX "Low Back" stored, I would LOVE to see that baby restored that way! Well there's my 2 cents, Now off to play the Lotto so I can/maybe some day put my $ where my... :D , Anthony

Last edited by over/out on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 pm 

Yes ,totally agree with you,low backs should stay as low backs and high backs stay as high backs.Always liked that low back mk9 with the S.A.A.F. Here's hoping they get around to rebuilding it someday soon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:13 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Ours is staying as-is. Here's a photo Jay Hunt took from the back seat of the P-40 during our mission last Nov 11.

Dave