Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:27 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

CAPFlyer wrote:
It's the typical NPS move. Someone is making money, they don't have money (or at least claim they don't) so they decide to try and get it for themselves by either running off whomever is already there or making them negotiate to pay fees (which would be what happens with the permits) for all the activities.

yep, if you were to try and pull this :axe: , they'd put you under the jail pop2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:12 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Before this NPS wanted to close their half of the runway, but the FAA had just spent $$$ on it and have several times put a temp tower there. They made me move and torn down my hangar the was just south of the museum. :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:23 pm 

Knowing how the Goverment works somone complained about the noise from airplanes so the NPS listened to the minorty kinda like in my home town we used to have a race call the crow mountian hill climb it was one day out of the year but people said the road being closed and the noise inconvinced them so the minorty won the fight the race was banned our goverment should listen everyone not just a small portion of people. I agree with the museum the NPS's demands were crazy!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:26 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

davidwomacks wrote:
Knowing how the Goverment works somone complained about the noise from airplanes so the NPS listened to the minorty kinda like in my home town we used to have a race call the crow mountian hill climb it was one day out of the year but people said the road being closed and the noise inconvinced them so the minorty won the fight the race was banned our goverment should listen everyone not just a small portion of people. I agree with the museum the NPS's demands were crazy!

add too that the NPS :twisted: got tired of litter (not to be corn-fused with kitty litter) blowing around the park :axe: