Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Gathering of Warbirds & Legends - Topeka KS

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm

I just reserved a room at the Super 8 that is at Forbes Field, as close as you can get. If something happens and I can't go I can always cancel. It will take a lot to make me miss this.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:52 am

Been a while since an up-date for Topeka has been done...So far:

C-47s 17
Lockheed 10 1
T-6/SNJ 10
P-51 1
C-45 10
T-28 12
F7F 1
PV-2 2
A-26 1
B-25 12

PLUS MORE!
Maybe that Lockheed 10 is a 10+2???
Last edited by GARY HILTON on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:19 pm

When you say Lockheed 10, do you mean a Lockheed 12?

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 pm

PLUS MORE!

Gary, we'll see, we'll see........ :wink:
The best things come in threes! :supz:
Shamelessly taken from Attu Warriors blog spot.
Last edited by Redtracer on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Seems interesting that there are flight slots filled for aircraft for which there are no airworthy examples.
HMMMMMMMM.

Walt

Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:03 pm

RareBear wrote:Seems interesting that there are flight slots filled for aircraft for which there are no airworthy examples.
HMMMMMMMM.

Walt

I'm guessing these are static examples from Combat Air Museum, which is located in Topeka.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:02 pm

It says "slots" , not " flight slots", not every plane filling a slot flies. Are we being teased that there may be a third Harpoon attending, this show is getting better and better.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Need to send some good thought waves down to Arizona....probably has been a very long time since a PB4Y-2 has graced the skies of Kansas......just sayin'

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Gary,

many good thought waves have already gone down to Arizona, but you *have* got me wondering whether your thought waves have anything to do with the work meeting that has taken place in Topeka today according to their Facebook page!

I saw that PB4Y make a test flight from Greybull, WY while standing closer to the runway edge than I've ever been anywhere else, but if I knew I would be getting good photos of it at that show I would still drive down from Oshkosh just for it.

But if good thought waves are what we need to get planes to come to Topeka, how about sending some to Kansas City and get that Connie and DC-3 to join the TWA L12? Both have been said to be almost ready for quite a while now.

See you in Topeka,

Roger

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 am

Roger,
I like your thought train as well! I will be contacting the group in Kansas City, hopefully sometime today....I was thinking of how nice it would be to have a photo op where you had several generations of Lockheeds in one shot...something like a Tri-Star, a Connie, and a Harpoon...that could be interesting...

And you never quite know yet just what may be attending Oshkosh...like that old box of chocolates.

If you are coming to Topeka, please come see me. God willing, and everything works right, I'll be the longhaired fat guy hanging around the PV-2s, scaring all the women and children!

G

Oh ....almost forgot...need to put in the Lockheed 10 +2 in the picture!

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:33 pm

The Facebook page of Gathering of Warbirds and Legends is now reporting that all 3 airworthy PV-2 Harpoons in the US will be attending the event and flying in formation together. That will be quite a sight...
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pag ... 07?fref=ts

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Their webpage lists under rides a F7-F , and I believe the Inspector said to be on the look-out for "Bad Kitty" to be in Topeka. I'll be there , must keep my credit card under control. I have plans to fly in another warbird there, but the Tigercat is almost irresistable.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:36 pm

At $2k, I think I'll resist

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Getting better and better, more sponsors, more planes , and with all the cancelled airshows, I hope this is a success and will be the first of many to come. I'll be there.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:01 am

Barring interference by the VA by rescheduling Kim's wrist/thumb surgery and rehab at an inopportune time, we will be there.
Post a reply