Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 pm 

It was a great weekend - hats off to all the volunteers and organisers for actually trying something out of the usual cookie-cutter mold, and making it work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:02 pm 

WHAT A WEEKEND ! IT WAS GREAT TO SEE A RAMP FULL OF WARBIRDS ! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME, SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:05 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

The Spirit of Hondo crew had a blast. Hope to see you again next year!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:35 am 

Obergrafeter wrote:
The Spirit of Hondo crew had a blast. Hope to see you again next year!!

Ditto for the Houston Wing Lodestar crew! Since getting our C-60 flying 2 years ago we've had it to a few local Texas shows, but this was our longest outing yet and it went really well.

I was just a wee bit disappointed with the no-shows; was really hoping to see the 3rd Harpoon and the Lockheed 12 Electra... that would have really tied the room together. But it was a great weekend, we had a great time and the organizers did an awesome job taking care of all the crews!

Hope we get to come back next year... and we'll request better weather on Sunday!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:03 pm 

Here are a few shots of the 'poons and Scott Glover's Lodestar from Saturday in Topeka. These were shot from the C-60A

Jeremy
www.FinalApproachPhotography.Zenfolio.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:54 pm 

I was at the show Fri. and Sat. and I can't remember this flight, with the 2 Harpoons and the C-60. I showed my wife these photos and she can't remember this flight. What time did they fly? The only time I could have missed it was when I was taking a warbird ride in Clyde Zellers SNJ-5. A co-worker was at the show and he said nothing about this flight. I was at the opposite end from the Harpoons and C-60 and was a little busy with my preflight and waiting for clearance to take off and my ride so it's possible to have missed it. Was at the show each day Fri. and Sat. and I was there from 9 AM to 4.30. As I've asked before , What time did they fly??? I really enjoyed the SNJ ride.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:09 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

It was around 7:30 or so Saturday evening.

We brought her from: Image to this in 3 months: Image Help us get her all the way back Image

All donations are tax deductible as the Stockton Field Aviation Museum is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Tell a friend as the Harpoon needs all the help she can get.

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey
Vintage Aircraft, Stockton, California
http://www.twinbeech.com
'KEEP ‘EM FLYING…FOR HISTORY!'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:26 pm 

Oh man ,why didn't you fly during the show? Oh well , water under the bridge. Would still have been cool to have Hot Stuff at the show. Gotta keep up on your events and see where you will be next. It was still a great show and would and will do it again when time allows. The" Redtracer" password gave a great tour of the Harpoon and you must be proud of the work done so far.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:38 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Awesome pics Jeremy! Anyone have anymore from this show? Wouldn't mind seeing more of what was there or a rough list of what attended. Just trying to get an idea on numbers to see if it's something I may be interested in road-tripping to in the future. Thanks again for sharing the pics! Nothing wrong with having two Harpoons and a Lodestar in formation- that's still a great selection of Lockheed iron!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:48 pm 

I was there on Saturday. The following is a list of aircraft that were on the field. Please keep in mind that this is from what I remember and may not be 100% complete.

9-10 C47/DC3s
6-7 Texans
6-7 Beech 18s
5-6 Stearmans
2 C1A Traders
2 Harpoons
2 C60 lodestars
Tigercat
P51 Pecos Bill
B17 Texas Raiders
T28
PT19
BT13
YC43
UC78
L19
Navion

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:51 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Pretty good list............. only 9 C-47s, and the only miss I see was the PT-23, otherwise pretty good. I like you didn't count the Museum static displays.
Wayne The Spirit of Hondo C-47...............Star of the jump planes!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:26 am 

Here are a few more pics from the weekend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:47 pm 
a.k.a. TBDude

pjpahs wrote:
Oh man ,why didn't you fly during the show?

That was the original plan (scheduled around 1:00pm), but the weather did not cooperate. Plus the photographers were pushing to shoot the rare sight of 2 Harpoons (+ 2 Lodestars) in the golden light of "Magic Hour" just prior to sunset .. and as you can see from Jeremy's glorious pics, they were right to insist.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:54 am 

Judging from the aircraft list this gathering should have been called The Gathering Of Transports And Trainers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:46 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

dc8jet wrote:
Judging from the aircraft list this gathering should have been called The Gathering Of Transports And Trainers.

Maybe so, but there was a bunch of them, and there was something in the air all day everyday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next