Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:05 am 

http://spitfiresite.com/2007/11/po-bruc ... -raaf.html

Is this site information still correct?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:58 am 
No Longer Active - per request

Last I heard was Bob had LF.VIII JG355 stored there, unsure about the other four (4)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:40 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Liberator wrote:
http://spitfiresite.com/2007/11/po-bruce-little-of-457-sqn-raaf.html

Is this site information still correct?

Not complete Spitfires, but 'starter kit' structure with serial provenance.

They all fly eventually. :D

PeterA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:01 am 

Well I'm not sure if he has 4, or even 3 as per speculated above. One which was said to be in his possession was recovered and its registration
reserved with CASA about 7 or 8 years ago. I also known on some horse trading going on for ID's - just a few bits and pieces - between a few collectors of
different types so it is possible another ID went to aid the rebuild of his Mustangs.

A58-84 I recovered and is now with Alec Wilson and more keeps surfacing around the country, so I guess anything is possible, even if its the consolidation
of parts to increase the provenance etc.

Peter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:06 am 

G'day folks,

I saw Bob's Spitfires in Ashley Briggs' workshop in Melbourne several months ago, and work has begun on them. There are large chunks of clearly identifiable airframe, being (IIRC) four with known identities (including A58-81) and one MkV which hasn't yet been identified (although it's hoped that disassembly will provide further info). I understand that there are also two new MkVIIIs (MT635/A58-543 and MT514/A58-522) which were recently recovered from up north, not included in the original five.

I'll go back through my stuff for details. I may be a little hazy, as Spits aren't my thing. Gimme a DC-3 any day!

Cheers,
Matt

See my Lee-Enfield videos at - http://www.youtube.com/user/Jollygreenslugg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:08 am 

DEAR PETE,
YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING PERIOD1111. NONE OF BOB SPITS HAVE BEEN TRADED AT ALL. ALL THE SPITS HAVE BEEN INSPECTED BY MANY PEOPLE AND THEY ALL ARE THERE AS LISTED IN MANY BOOKS!!! THEY ARE ALL IN STORAGE WAITING THER TURN PERIOD!!.

UNLIKE ALL THE B.S P40 ID YOU ARE TRYING TO CREATE TO AID YOUR SUPER!!! ALEX WILSON IS ALSO A FRIEND ON OURS TO MATE SO ANY TIME PETE YOUR IN TOWN POP IN FOR A CHAT!!!

THE MUSTANG IS GOING BACK TOGETHER WITHOUT THE AID OF ANY SPIT DEALS PERIOD!!!! GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 am 
Newly minted Mustang Pilot

RR in the house?? thought he was banned?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:21 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Parkinsons?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:04 pm 

Crow, seems I have struck a nerve.

Obviously you need to take a chill pill but it seems we have maybe 7 spit ID's based on what has been said so far, now that would be great.

I know a group of wanna be's are desperately chasing parts I recovered years ago but have been unlucky so far, so i assume your attitude to my comments

reflects this difficulty. As for creating ID's, I have no need too, unlike a few people I know who buy P-40 projects and then change the paperwork to reflect

the shard remains they have, Its been discussed here before regarding Texas Longhorn and I had to have a giggle as that played out to expose the truth.

So I respect your opinions and I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Peter Smythe

PS - who are you Crow - or is that a secret you want to keep as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm well aware of who is who in this thread.

The Crow and Peter A know what they are talking about from firsthand experience with these Spitfire identities.

Regards

James Kightly -provenance and id in the autosig. :wink:

"Switch on the underwater landing lights"
Emilio Largo, Thunderball.

www.VintageAeroWriter.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:37 pm 

JDK, I think some people may not relate to your comments so I'll clarify.

The Crow is a regular poster on another Australian based forum site. There is a bit of history here between myself, the author of this topic and "The Crow".
I also know who the Crow is, but have invited him to identify himself in order to correct his illogical comment of inviting me around for a "Chat" when he fails
to give his personal details. I think its a clear reflection of a man who says and does these things.

As for the Spitfires, I hope its correct, but it does involve the Victorian Warbird Mafia as I call them. Nothing like the Soprano's but more like the the Key Stone Cops. This is a group of people who try to sell items that don't belong to them or the parts don't exist. This is a generalised statement that refers to just a handful of people because my overall experience with many other Warbirders in Victoria has been very professional and their large workshops and regular cycling of airworthy and inspections work clearly reflects this, and they don't rely on others to inspect or pass their work.

But, as has been stated, if some of these ID's have "recently" come from up North then this could be a concern relating to embargo's and such things.

Always happy to Chat, I love a good one on one chat, its always refreshing and gets the blood flowing and can oftem lead to some amazing outcomes.

Peter Smythe

PS If anyone has a Wirraway seat with an ID I'd be interested as I have a need for a Wirraway ID.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Digger wrote:
JDK, I think some people may not relate to your comments so I'll clarify.

Really not required Peter.

I'll leave it there, thanks.

"Switch on the underwater landing lights"
Emilio Largo, Thunderball.

www.VintageAeroWriter.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm 

JDK, sorry I have to disagree, this is an international form whereas the other other is a local or is used primarily by locals.So I think it fair that those overseas
participants get some background on this.

When someone makes a statement such as Crow did regarding the Creation of P-40 ID's, then I think its justifiable to ask for him to come out from under his rock and step up to the plate and provide the proof to back up his statements. I've already indicated that I would be glad to be proven wrong, but that song keeps coming back to me..........Run Rabbit Run Rabbit Run Run. I'm even more than happy to come over and "chat" with him to "sort" out some details that he and I have from the past, but still nothing.

As the Crow stated, he is a former Lurker, he has a sad reputation for jumping on people who ask questions to clarify, or stomps on people who disagree with him.
In this case he's made a number of claims and defamatory remarks and doesn't have the character to come out and face the music. He knows I chase every rabbit down every hole, no matter who they are, or ho important they think they are.

So, man up Crow.

Peter Smythe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 pm 
Newly minted Mustang Pilot

If you don't have the balls to put your name or reputation in a post...go away.

Jim Harley

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next