Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:23 pm 

RMAllnutt wrote:
Whoaaa... SABOTAGE! That's shocking, not to mention contemptible beyond words. The results could have been catastrophic in so many ways. Is there any idea what sort of mindless bottom feeder did this?

Wishing you better luck in the future...

Richard

Unfortunately, no as we do not have any security cameras outside our hangar and the perimeter fence does not enclose our ramp area so any Joe Blow could have done it. Though, cameras will be installed soon as this is not the first act of vandalism we have faced. We received our F-4 last year and shortly after it arrived (which the a/c was power washed the day after it did so) someone egged the F-4. I believe it has since been egged again since the first time last fall.

Static: F-4C Phantom II, F-15A, T-3 Provost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:28 pm 

Xray wrote:
My plans are Ecorse by the runway FRI, inside show SAT, Ecorse again SUN, will have a sun tent and a blue Ram [Fri at least, Sun will probably go with an uncle], scanners blazing. Anyone feels like stopping by and shooting the @$%& feel free, looking forward to the show.

sounds cool. i normally go two days i come from ohio to thunder but can only afford one day this year. is ecorse road okay to park or do police mess with you just wondering if its safe to go planning my sunday around parking thier

:spit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:36 pm 

flyingfortress90 wrote:
Xray wrote:
My plans are Ecorse by the runway FRI, inside show SAT, Ecorse again SUN, will have a sun tent and a blue Ram [Fri at least, Sun will probably go with an uncle], scanners blazing. Anyone feels like stopping by and shooting the @$%& feel free, looking forward to the show.

sounds cool. i normally go two days i come from ohio to thunder but can only afford one day this year. is ecorse road okay to park or do police mess with you just wondering if its safe to go planning my sunday around parking thier

Ecorse has always been fine with no premium act flying, ie Angels or Thunderbirds. Always a first time though, hopefully this won't be the year they pick to start getting anal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:37 pm 

Xray wrote:
flyingfortress90 wrote:
Xray wrote:

Ecorse has always been fine with no premium act flying, ie Angels or Thunderbirds. Always a first time though, hopefully this won't be the year they pick to start getting anal.

eh i will take my chance then, much appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 pm 

The Pig is expected to be airborne at 1pm Est. I believe you guys are in Central time, so it should be arriving around 1:20-1:30PM your guys time.

Sounds like a few of you will be very happy this show with a nice surprise to occur both Sat and Sun. :)

Really wishing I was gonna be there now.

Will update if we get delayed.

Btw, we are Fairchild 22968 if you are listening on freq.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:40 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Wishing everyone attending a safe and great show this weekend! Wish I could be there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:04 am 

Xray wrote:

I don't think the planes will be landing by Ecorse today. Winds are out of the northwest and the main runway I think 24L is closed until November.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 am 

Anybody know why the YAM F-86L is sitting in the car lot of Atchinson Ford near the corner of Belleville and Tyler roads? :o Maybe it's getting new paint? Someone on Fencecheck snapped a pic of it on their way to Willow Run Airport yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 pm 

The C-123 has been delayed due to weather, however, we have begun to load it it with the crew. It should be airborne in the next half hour or so.

Expect an hour to hour and a half flight. I will make another post once she is airborne.

If you can't catch it arriving, no worries, there will be plenty of opportunities to see her fly at this years Thunder Over Michigan Air Show! Not only are we planning on flying during the show now, but we also will be doing a photo shoot with her for a magazine! For many, your wishes will be coming true.

:D :drink3: pop1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:40 pm 

Hopefully Thunderpig will fly by Cedar Point on it's way to Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:02 pm 

And she is airborne as of 5min ago, after two tries!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:00 pm 

Everyone come out to the Privateer and let us know how you like the "new look"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:03 pm 

Everyone come out to the Privateer and let us know how you like the "new look"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:20 pm 
flightsimer wrote:
If you can't catch it arriving, no worries, there will be plenty of opportunities to see her fly at this years Thunder Over Michigan Air Show! Not only are we planning on flying during the show now, but we also will be doing a photo shoot with her for a magazine! For many, your wishes will be coming true.
:D :drink3: pop1

GREAT news, Tyler! I was very happy to see the C-123 arrive at Willow Run this afternoon. Unfortunately it made an approach and landing that was not conducive to good viewing or photos, so it is very good news to hear that we will now be able to see it fly during the show Saturday and Sunday!

:D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:30 pm 

Boeing666 wrote:
Xray wrote:

I don't think the planes will be landing by Ecorse today. Winds are out of the northwest and the main runway I think 24L is closed until November.

True, didn't know about the construction, but the area is still "show center" I believe. Sunday will for sure be a guessing game for take offs.
Not much action today, F-100 went up early about 11:30 and flew most of his runs parallel to Ecorse and landed that way too, runway 30 something ?
Skyraiders were nice to see, they all did a couple passes before landing, as did the A4. They put up a half hearted heritage flight with a Mustang, Corsair and a Bonanza, apparently filling in for the 86, they took off and orbited out of sight and landed. Saw the 123 arrive a bit after 5, great looking bird ,,, Never did see the F-86 or Mig, I left about 5:30.
Looking forward to the next 2 days, weather looks stellar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next