Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

P-38D Fragments found in Michigan

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 pm

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/2 ... ck_check=1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/12/mi ... era-plane/
Last edited by Wildchild on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: P-38D Fragments found in Michigan

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 am

deleted

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 am

Since I can't seem to defeat the blocking ad to subscribe to that local birdcage liner, I'll take your word for it-

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 am

So do I.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 am

me too.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 am

Try here.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/12/michigan-men-find-pieces-downed-wwii-era-plane/

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:45 pm

The Inspector wrote:Since I can't seem to defeat the blocking ad to subscribe to that local birdcage liner, I'll take your word for it-

Really? Huh... Anyways ill add the Fox News link, even though there are no pictures...

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:57 pm

The Inspector wrote:Since I can't seem to defeat the blocking ad to subscribe to that local birdcage liner, I'll take your word for it-

I managed it. Close that ad/sub box, scroll down & click on local news, then scroll down that page :)

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:19 pm

ZRX61 wrote:Image

Damm, all I need is a data plate and some glue and Ill be flying a forked tail devil in no time !

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 pm

You can also close the ad and search "P-38" in the search box. This was my favorite paragraph:

The P-38, with their unusual design of a center cockpit, or nacelle, suspended between two booms containing Allison diesel engines, “had what was called a compressibility problem,” Clary said.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:58 pm

LOL! must have been from those high compression diesels :lol:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

ZRX61 wrote:LOL! must have been from those high compression diesels :lol:

it was an issue with the glow worms

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 am

WIXerGreg wrote:You can also close the ad and search "P-38" in the search box. This was my favorite paragraph:

The P-38, with their unusual design of a center cockpit, or nacelle, suspended between two booms containing Allison diesel engines, “had what was called a compressibility problem,” Clary said.

Go back and carefully re-read that sentence.

The text in between "The P-38," and "had what was called a compressibiltiy problem" is separated by commas.

So if you remove that stuff, the sentence reads: "The P-38 ... had what was called a compressibility problem."

The sentence is not saying the Allisons have the compressiblity problem; it is saying the P-38 has the compressibility problem.

The diesel part is a troubling though.

TM
Post a reply