Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Dying Veteran Pilot gets his wish...

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am

I’ve known Larry Mullaly for over 20 years. He flew the Stearman, B-25, PBY and the Schlep at Planes of Fame East. He was also heavily involved with the restoration of the MN Wing’s Miss Mitchell as well as conducting B-25 Ground School for many years. Larry was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) several years ago and has been fighting the good fight since then. Larry is now at the VA in hospice care, but yesterday he returned to his home town to share memories with many of the people he touched over the years. Here is a story one of the local news stations did on the event. I thought I would share it here so the people that knew him here could see the story. A big Thank You to the MN Wing for bringing Miss Mitchell down to say good bye to Larry.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/9914 ... inal-wish-

Re: Dying Veteran Pilot gets his wish...

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks for that post. Best wishes to Mr. Mullaly and his family.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Thank you for the story. I flew with him back in the days when he was giving PPE's to the Yellow Rose Drivers. So sad, I'll keep him in my prayers...

Lynn

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:15 pm

I have known Larry since 1986 at pof east. he was he best B-25 pilot I ever knew. I have many hours with him in different A/C. I think the funiest is when he would pilot the scheleppt that Bob Pond owned. I was supposed to get with the boys to ride the bikes down to the event but could not make it. Larry you are the BEST. Steve Hahn pappy

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Larry's B-25 Ground School notes and tests, have been utiilzed for years by many B-25 operators. Mine still reside with many others in a folder in my flight bag.
Thank you Larry! Fare thee well....old pelican.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:59 am

Just got word that Larry passed away last night. The warbird community has lost a great one... Blue Skies and Tail Winds Larry!

Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:16 am

I met him when he was going to move to Texas and build his flying Wright Bros. replica. I had gotten with him to build his hangar when that bastardly disease struck..................a wonderful man, and will be missed. Tail winds Larry!

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Blue Skies Larry....

Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:07 am

Thank you for posting this. What a great guy...!
Post a reply