Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:21 pm 

Mark Allen M wrote:
The new paint scheme looks great! .... or will look great :wink:

Oh look! A Martin Mars with Mariners in the background!! (You'd understand if you have been following the Large Flying Boats thread...) pop2

Natasha: "You got plan, darling?"
Boris: "I always got plan. They don't ever work, but I always got one!"

Remember, any dummy can be a dumb-ass...
In order to be a smart-ass, you first have to be "smart"
and to be a wise-ass, you actually have to be "wise"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 pm 

I can only second Jim's request to keep us updated on Philippine Mars' delivery to Pensacola please. I booked a flight to Orlando for the first part of April on the basis of the news/rumour/expectation that she would be delivered in April, hoping to either see her fly by at Sun-n-Fun or intending to drive up to Pensacola if she was going to go direct. Fortunately there will be plenty of propliners and other goodies for me to photograph in central Florida anyway, but I can't return in the middle of July.
I understand the newspaper 'report' about no Blue Angels at the Pensacola Beach air show is not even a prediction, just a possibility, but should that air show be cancelled, may I suggest Oshkosh a couple of weeks later as the perfect place to say (a flying) goodbye to a lot of people?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 pm 

Here is a close look at plane number 8 that never got finished when the project got cancelled.
This is what was built,Please take a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f949Ma_iJ30&list=PL12021641CB0270EC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If your cable system carries SMITHSONIAN Channnel they have a series called 'Mighty Planes' and one of the aircraft they are featuring is the MARS boats-check your local listings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The Inspector wrote:
If your cable system carries SMITHSONIAN Channnel they have a series called 'Mighty Planes' and one of the aircraft they are featuring is the MARS boats-check your local listings.

I saw that show yesterday. Really well done w/ awesome footage of the plane fighting fires.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:24 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

The Inspector wrote:

Yeah, Hawaii Mars on a tanker job in north Mexico based here in Texas out of Lake Amistad. At the end they show Rod Lewis popped over to get him some Mars seat time.

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 pm 
http://www2.canada.com/albernivalleytim ... 7f76d73d29

Glad to see that the plans are proceeding on the Martin Mars restoration for the flight to Pensacola this summer. The article confimrs that July seems to be a target gate for the flight.

It will be interesting to see if there is still a possibility of it coiniciding with a Pensacola Beach air show that month.

Look forward to hearing about possible updates on the progress as we approach late spring and early summer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm 
airnutz wrote:
The Inspector wrote:

Yeah, Hawaii Mars on a tanker job in north Mexico based here in Texas out of Lake Amistad. At the end they show Rod Lewis popped over to get him some Mars seat time.

Saw that show last week. Nice air to air photography of the Hawaii Mars in action.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 pm 
Don't know if there is any possibility of the Oshkosh appearance as some suggested. If the idea of arriving at Pensacola around the planned July 12/13 Beach air show holds up, it will be long gone before EAA AirVenture.

But at this point it is hard to say when it will be finally ready for the flight.

In any case it will definitely be a sight to see when the ferry flight happens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:15 pm 

Mars Bomber base will no longer be open to visitors
Coulson Flying Tankers will also be shutting down the visitor's centre and tours at the Mars Bomber base indefinitely
http://www.facebook.com/philippine.mars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

jwc50 wrote:
airnutz wrote:
The Inspector wrote:

Saw that show last week. Nice air to air photography of the Hawaii Mars in action.

Yup, as well as what little bit of "circus" they dispatch with those roadtrips to maintain the beast and how the crews go about it.

"Ahh..."The Deuce", 28,000 pounds of motherly love." quote from some Mojave Grunt
DBF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:20 pm 

Any news about the restoration of Philipine Mars and its ferry to Pensacola?
Actual pictures available?

My pictures are done August 2012:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94563195@N ... 931188181/

Warbird Videos:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34289

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:59 pm 

M.P. wrote:
Any news about the restoration of Philipine Mars and its ferry to Pensacola?
Actual pictures available?

My pictures are done August 2012:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94563195@N ... 931188181/

I am going there this Sunday to see what the plane looks like,I did see a picture on line with the engines installed.
Stay tuned I will be filming the plane,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In blue...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... _RZ8zfHtPQ

Just join the chant...

OSH-kosh
OSH-kosh
OSH-kosh
OSH-kosh
(repeat until arriving either at Nirvana or Wisconsin...your mileage may vary) pop2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next