Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:19 am 

So do you PETE.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:44 am 

PETE..!!!! hahahaha!

nice try and I was wondering when you would pop in for a squeal.

SD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:52 am 

Before the mods get involved and maybe close this, we can see that The Crow only appears when he needs to defend certain people or to attack the claims of others. As for me being PETE, I take that as a sad attempt to link me with someone else and demonstrates how little The Crow knows in terms of reality. The Crow hardly ventures from home, usually mixes with the same people and because he's now here defending the actions of the same people, by taking the attention away from what this thread is really about, this is a good example of why there is a fuss. Covertly trying to change the subject and attack people knowing the mods will step in and lock the thread. An old con job and one that confirms the suspicions of many. The Crow knows exactly what Lightning was referring to.

Say hello to the team for me Crow, Bruno, Ian, Mike, Rob etc.

SD
aka Chris (as I've been for as long as I can remember)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PLAY NICE, GIRLS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 am 

Good response Dan.

I would really like to keep this on the subject.

SD
(I prefer a one piece outfit)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well As one who is way, way outside and distant to whatever fuss is going on with whom ever about whatever, should I not have posted a couple photos? I certainly have zero interest in getting in between some heated debate. May I suggest those of you who have differences toward each other take to that wonderful WIX tool called The PM. It would be a shame to see action taken by the management toward this very interesting thread. FWIW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mark Allen M wrote:
Well As one who is way, way outside and distant to whatever fuss is going on with whom ever about whatever, should I not have posted a couple photos? I certainly have zero interest in getting in between some heated debate. May I suggest those of you who have differences toward each other take to that wonderful WIX tool called The PM. It would be a shame to see action taken by the management toward this very interesting thread. FWIW

I agree! there seems to be a fresh crop of wedgie pullers springing up, use the P.M. part of the forum to sling equine byproduct willya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 am 

Mark,
I'm out travelling, and not able to consult my files, but; The top photo appears to be a 7th Fighter Squadron P-40K taken at Durand Drome, Port Moresby. The lower photo, the 7th Fighter Squadron over Northern Australia. I believe that I can ID the pilot in the top photo with access to my files. You certainly come up with some great photographs, please keep them coming.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR P-38 PARTS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 am 

"shelldrake...................",
Not associated with any of the people you have pointed out or have been. Very interesting YOU have raised another ID issue.... Very touchy. If you aint PETE why do you care?????? Practice what you preach.

Kind regards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 am 

Thanks for posting the P-40 pictures Mark.I enjoy them,in particular the 49th FG P-40's.
The P-40 fuse for sale, is it not the rebuild fuselage for the ex Russian P-40E thats for sale in New Zealand? I havent spoken to the person whos acting on behalf of the owner but thought it was for ET664 (?) that came from Russian almost two decades ago, and not 'Texas Longhorn'.

Any more 49th FG P-40E pictures out there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:20 am 

I could be wrong, but this looks like the inside of a HARS hangar....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:23 am 

Yep, sure does, and isn't that the HARS Wirraway project sitting next to it as well?

SD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 am 

Would you two children PLEASE give it a rest? -_-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:16 am 

SD, Neither of the Barnstormers listings mention the AAF or RAAF serial number of the project. The later listing by Graham, actually calls it a P-40E, which would agree with A29-43, as "Texas Longhorn"was a P-40E-1. So perhaps it's a little early to be questioning the provenance until further information is forth coming. I agree it's dissappointing to see legitimate history manipulated, but I dont think anyone is growing rich from recovering, restoring and/or selling old warbirds. It costs about AUD$1,500,000 to restore a P-40 to airworthy condition(that's complete de-riveting of the entire airframe and overhaul of all components, including replacing unservicale parts), and that's about what they sell for upon completion, so there's not alot of profit in it.
The real shame is the uninformed people who equate finished prices to corroded wrecks in situ and block recovery/restoration.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR P-38 PARTS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

DamonE wrote:
Thanks for posting the P-40 pictures Mark.I enjoy them,in particular the 49th FG P-40's.
The P-40 fuse for sale, is it not the rebuild fuselage for the ex Russian P-40E thats for sale in New Zealand? I havent spoken to the person whos acting on behalf of the owner but thought it was for ET664 (?) that came from Russian almost two decades ago, and not 'Texas Longhorn'.

Any more 49th FG P-40E pictures out there?

Thats not the E model that came out of russia 20 years ago.I wont say where it is these days but she is a flier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next