Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:22 pm 

I am hoping the group here may have some T-28C military service images for 140519, 140524, and 146265. They all moved about quite a bit, back and forth between bases as needed, but I will just list what bases they were at.

140519 was at Saufley, Whiting, Corry, Corpus Christi and finally retired to MASDC.

140524 was at Saufley, Whiting, Barin, Corpus Christi, and surplused at Corpus.

146265 was at Whiting, Litchfield Park storage, Quantico, NAF Washington, Corpus Christi, and retired to MASDC.

Of course all were at Pensacola for overhaul/repair.

I don't have any images for 140519. One image for 140524 from VT-27. Two images for 146265 at Washington with bicentennial paint, one at Corpus Christi in VT-27 paint, and one at MASDC in VT-27 paint before being spraylated.

Any T-28 military service images of any bureau number would be very welcome.

Thanks for the help.

Ken
warrior@plainstel.com

Last edited by AG pilot on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 pm 

Thanks Mike. I took that picture on my trailer in Colorado! Surprised you found that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hate to see you doing all this bumping and banging around :wink: Does 'close' count? If not you may enjoy these anyway. Source NMNA archives

T-28C Trojan assigned to Attack Squadron (VA) 122 pictured at Naval Air Station (NAS) Lemoore, California.

T-28C Trojan assigned to Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Quantico, Virginia, pictured on the ground.

T-28C Trojan assigned to Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Yuma, Arizona, parked at NAS North Island, California.

T-28C Trojan assigned to Naval Air Station (NAS) Alameda, California, parked at NAS North Island, California.

T-28C Trojan assigned to Naval Air Station (NAS) North Island, California, parked at the station.

T-28C Trojan assigned to SOES-12 at Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Quantico, Virginia, pictured on the ground.

T-28C Trojan assigned to SOES-12 at Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Quantico, Virginia, pictured on the ground-2

T-28C Trojan assigned to Training Squadron (VT) 5 makes a pass over the carrier Lexington (CVT 16).

T-28C Trojan assigned to Training Squadron (VT) 5 pictured on the ground at Naval Auxiliary Air Station (NAS) Saufley Field, Florida.

T-28C Trojans assigned to Naval Air Station (NAS) North Island, California, parked at that air station.

Two former Navy T-28C Trojans transferred to the U.S. Air Force fly a counterinsurgency training mission over South Vietnam.

T-28C Trojan of Attack Squadron (VA) 122 pictured on the ground at Naval Air Station (NAS) Miramar, California.

T-28C Trojan of Attack Squadron (VA) 122 pictured on the ground at Offutt Air Force Base.

T-28C Trojan pictured on the ground at Naval Air Station (NAS) North Island, California.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

VT-27

A T-28B Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 27 pictured landing at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

A T-28B Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 27 pictured taxiing at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

A T-28B Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 27 taxis at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

T-28B Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 27 lands at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

T-28B Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 27 pictured on approach for landing at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

T-28B Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 27 pictured on approach for landing at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas-2

T-28B Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 27 pictured on approach for landing at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas-3

T-28B Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 27 taxis at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

T-28B Trojans of Training Squadron (VT) 27 fly in formation near Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

T-28B Trojans of Training Squadron (VT) 27 parked on the flight line at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

T-28B Trojans of Training Squadron (VT) 27 lined up on the tarmac at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

T-28 Trojan assigned to Training Squadron (VT) 3 pictured on the ground at Naval Air Station (NAS) Whiting Field, Florida.

T-28 Trojan of Training Squadron (VT) 3 parked at Naval Air Station (NAS) Whiting Field, Florida.

T-28 Trojan taxis at Naval Air Station (NAS) Whiting Field, Florida.

T-28 Trojans of Training Squadron (VT) 27 fly in formation 1980

T-28 Trojans of Training Squadron (VT) 27 fly in formation. 1965

T-28C Trojan assigned to Training Squadron (VT) 5 pictured in flight over Naval Auxiliary Air Station (NAS) Saufley Field, Florida.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 pm 

Thanks for posting these Mark. I am interested in all T-28 photos!

I keep hoping some more photos will eventually pop up of "my" aircraft. 140519 is currently painted in VT-27 markings, but the squadron plane number is missing and I wanted to paint it back on, to the correct number.

I find it rather amusing on some bureau numbers I can find ten military photos, and others I can not find one. Are some planes not as photogenic?!

It was interesting to see 140514 painted as both plane numbers 91, and as 92, in your post. I had not seen both before.

Once again, thanks for the help with this, and ALL the great photos you have been putting up. Don't stop!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm 

Here is a selection of vintage B&W USN T-28's (circa 1958) all taken at the various NAS's in the Pensacola area. These aircraft are factory fresh and are painted in the original hi-vis yellow scheme. All are "Official USN Photographs"

This last photo was taken at Watsonville, CA Airshow in 2008. Interesting that the base name displayed is "Monterey" which was a Naval Auxilary Landing Field.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 pm 

I have never seen the third photo down. I especially like the early factory fresh yellow paint. Thanks for posting them up!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:50 am 

FWIW, I took the below photo of the US Army T-28 at the US Army Aviation Museum at Ft. Rucker (AL) in 1987.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:11 am 

Still looking for T-28 military service images.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:28 am 

On the off chance, has anybody come across any of these pictures? (bump for OP)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:14 am 

Still looking for T-28 military service images. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have a "boat load" of recently acquired T-28 photos from you name it locations. groups etc.
I'm traveling around the country at the moment but check in on this nutty website as I sit in an airport or some hotel.

Here's some of that "boat load" of T-28's ...

I'll see what I can find for you again.

M

Last edited by Mark Allen M on Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:57 pm 
Potato

Here is video of carrier quals.

https://youtu.be/DCEgOMRAu5M

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy