Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

O/T A career milestone for me

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:44 pm

I started training to be a Beech 1900D F/O for an airline, and last evening, after nearly 7 weeeks in training, I took my checkride and I passed. So I'm now a F/O for an airline on a Beech 1900D. I'll be flying the airplane for the first time sunday night, then next week start Initial Operating Experience out of Ft. Lauderdale, so if you see me, or around Key West or the Bahamas, say hi. After talking to the Collin's Foundation, next winter, I'll go get typed in the B-24 to do the airshow tour on the side. Reading this every few nights really helped me to read something else besides the operations or systems manual. Now I get to go fly turboprops for a living. Pinch me, I've made it!!!!

My sim partner (good friend) and I after our checkrides. In front of the "paper tiger" where we spent countless hours going over the profiles and call outs.

In the sim after my checkride

The sim from the outside.

Re: O/T A career milestone for me

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Congratulations :drink3: :drink3: :drink3: :drink3:

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Good for you! Way to go! Fly Safe 8)

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Sincere congratulations on a significant milestone on your journey! :drink3:

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Best wishes and safe landings always !

Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Congrats! You wear your uniform well. also. YOu won't regret it and did you know the U.S. Army and some contractors fly the 1900? So you are almost flying a warbird!

Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Awesome! Good luck!

Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks guys. I'm still in the Army Reserve for a few more months, and I'll be out, so it's cool that it's considered almost a warbird, I'm going to enjoy flying it. I wanted my first airline gig to be in a turboprop. What was also significant about yesterday, it was the anniversary of my granduncle being shot down in his B-29 and lost over Tokyo during the Jan 27 '45 mission. I'm sure he had something to do with it, and I gave him nod and a moment of silence before I went in. I'd like to think he was with me.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Congrats.....

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:27 am

Well done.
You will like the airplane. Like anything Beech it is an honest flying machine with no bad habits.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:29 am

PbyCat-Guy wrote:Thanks guys. I'm still in the Army Reserve for a few more months, and I'll be out, so it's cool that it's considered almost a warbird, I'm going to enjoy flying it. I wanted my first airline gig to be in a turboprop. What was also significant about yesterday, it was the anniversary of my granduncle being shot down in his B-29 and lost over Tokyo during the Jan 27 '45 mission. I'm sure he had something to do with it, and I gave him nod and a moment of silence before I went in. I'd like to think he was with me.

Dont think, he was and is with you!
Post a reply