Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Boeing B-17 50th Anniversary at Boeing Field 1985 ID help!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:51 pm

In the summer of 1985, as a teenager I attended the 50th anniversary party at Boeing Field. As I recall, there were three flying B-17s in attendance, and I can identify 2 of them, but the third one is eluding me.

I know that the far one is B-17G 44-83514 Sentimental Journey (here is a shot from that day):

The second one was the recently acquired B-17F 42-29782 which later became "Boeing Bee":

The closest one is the one I can't remember, and my research tonight is not unraveling the mystery (I know one of you guys will get this sorted out in a matter of minutes!):

A couple other shots from that magical day:

Thanks for any help in advance!
Sorry for the terrible scans...

Michael

Re: Boeing B-17 50th Anniversary at Boeing Field 1985 ID help!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:08 am

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b17registry/b17-4483546.html

D T on the tail= David Tallichet
Cool pix :D

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 am

Thank you very much!

Michael

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:45 am

Bob 'Swage' Richardson had just recently purchased N17W and it still had the 'aftermarket' side door (no left gunners window). I was there as was a very much younger 262crew (like 11), it was impressive seeing so many ex crew members walk up to Claire Egvedtt and tell him 'thank you for doing such a good job, you may have saved my life'

Re: Boeing B-17 50th Anniversary at Boeing Field 1985 ID hel

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 pm

I was there that weekend with my grandfather Loran Heeb, who flew 30 missions with the 447th BG in Rattlesden. I keep scouring your photos hoping to see him (or myself) in one of them. Any chance you have more from that day?

I have a great memory about the lunch they served out of that huge tent that day. makes me smile just thinking of it while I type this.

Hope all is well with you, and thank you so much for sharing your photos. What a weekend that was!
Post a reply