Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Moody A-10 pilot ejects from aircraft before crash

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 pm

http://www.wctv.tv/georgianews/headline ... 92053.html

Re: Moody A-10 pilot ejects from aircraft before crash

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks Chuch, hadn't heard about it til now. I can't recall the last time an A-10 went in, but I'm sure several in here know

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Oh, a place name, not an attitude.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:50 pm

JDK wrote:Oh, a place name, not an attitude.

Great minds, etc...

Someone not familiar with the base might see that and think, "Well, that's not very professional- I don't care if you're upset, you still have to fly the darn plane." As an aside, whomever is responsible for the headline should be flayed for another reason... "Moody A-10 Pilot Ejects From Aircraft Before Crash." Really? You mean he didn't wait until AFTER the crash to eject? **facepalm**

Very glad to hear the pilot got out successfully and is in stable condition.

Lynn

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:51 pm

JDK,

The attitude indicator didn't give any indication of his moodiness prior to his having to eject.

Walt

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Double post. Sorry.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:59 pm

No worries there, RareBear...as good as that was, I'm fine reading through a double...

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 pm

I used to be a moody A-10 pilot back in the day. I never ejected. Must be something that came along after they painted them grey. :supz:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:35 pm

I prefer my 6 barrel cannon equipped people to be 'well balanced'. Is there a Well Balanced AFB? Copacetic AFB?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:45 pm

JDK wrote:I prefer my 6 barrel cannon equipped people to be 'well balanced'. Is there a Well Balanced AFB? Copacetic AFB?

Now you did it. They'll be after you now. They have 7 barrels. :lol:

Mike

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:57 pm

[quote="JDK"]I prefer my 6 barrel cannon equipped people to be 'well balanced'. /quote]

Six barrels?? Blasphemy, sir. Blasphemy! You must be referring to those other gentlemen who go in for that sort of thing!

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:21 pm

[MOVIEQUOTE]"Goes up to 11."[ /MOVIEQUOTE]
Post a reply