Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: what's going on with walter soplata's estate??

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 am

At one time the F2G was in the bombay of the B-36.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:41 am

The latest issue of Warbirds International has a few pages of photos of Mr Soplata and his airplanes. First pic I've seen of the P-47.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:08 am

I first went to walter's place in 1968 I have old photos somewhere that I took over the years. I was at his place dozens of times I don't believe the F2G was ever in the B-36. I had a T-2 that came from the north american plant in CMH that walter wanted so we made a trade deal but sold it to a fellow in florida named Ware when walter decided he didn't want to move it.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:06 pm

When I visited Walt's in the early 80s, the P-63A and what was left of the XP-82 were indeed tucked inside the centre fuselage of the Peacemaker. Every pic I've seen of the F2G shows it complete and parked in what looks like the same spot; eventually it gained a small roof over the fuselage on poles. The P-47 was only a fuselage and tail; as such I suppose it could have taken the place of the XP-82 parts inside the B-36 when the XP parts went to Reilly...

S.
Post a reply