Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Swedish B-17 Pictures... anybody have some?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:55 am

Swedish B-17 Flying Fortress Pictures... anybody have some that I can use? I'm currently adding all the ex-interned Swedish Fortress's to the registry and thought it would be spiffy if I could add images as well. And if WIX members don't have them then I doubt anybody does.

Re: Swedish B-17 Pictures... anybody have some?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:21 pm

PM me your mail adress and I will send you some.

Edit: I think I read your post a bit to fast. Is it Boeing B-17 you want or the swedish SAAB B-17? Have of the SAAB only.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Planebeach wrote:PM me your mail adress and I will send you some.

Edit: I think I read your post a bit to fast. Is it Boeing B-17 you want or the swedish SAAB B-17? Have of the SAAB only.

sorry, was a little vague, I've edited my original posts, it is indeed the Boeing B-17 I was referring too, thanks anyways.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Do you mean just the ones that Sweden kept ?
If you search google images for "B-17 +SE-BAH" there are three on the first page. Maybe others following.

Otherwise there were a lot of them you know :wink: .

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Scott,

What, just B-17s? My uncle arrived in Sweeden 29 May 1944 in a shot up B-24 after a raid on Politz.
I have a collection of his photos. I'll get more to you when I can.

Here is a sample.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:51 pm

I've got a couple of 42-32076 post-Sweden, in Denmark as Store Bjørn. Helpful?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Here's one. I have a couple of (similar) others if I can find them. Also have hi-res of this one
Attachments
store bjorn small.jpg
Post a reply