Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

CAF and Sentimental Journey need your help in a contest!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

Most of y'all have seen this video.

Vote for the CAF's Don't Mess With Texas Commercial from 1991 starring the B-17 Sentimental Journey! They're moving up the charts, help them hit #1!

You may have to refresh several times until the CAF video comes up...you can vote as many times as you want...just refresh until it comes up again!

CAF 1991

>>>>>> http://dontmesswithtexas.org/celebrityfaceoff/ <<<<<<<

Re: CAF and Sentimental Journey need your help in a contest!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:17 am

I voted several times. (Just like a Democrat, "vote early, and vote often") :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 pm

I voted as well. The video was at #4 when I started voting. Now, if only the "winner" got to redo the commercial in modern HD.

Sorry SJ, they'd have to use FiFi this go round. With HD, maybe they'd get the fighters in this time too. :)

BTW, I noticed some neat little blurbs after you vote for the commercial. The one that popped up just now -

"This commercial was created after a study suggested that pickup drivers were responsible for a disproportionate amount of trash."

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 pm

My vote has been cast. I only wish they'd have opened the bomb bay doors as it faded to black.... :D

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 pm

I flew the FM-2 Wildcat during the filming of the DMWT commercial and Reg flew the P-51D Mustang "Gunfighter". We were asked to fly directly behind the B-17 as it came over the hill but with the B-17 down in the dirt we were eating its turbulance and never made it into the final cut, despite several attempts. Looking at my logbook, the video was shot on 24-25 October, 1990. I flew out to Midland from Lancaster (DFW Wing where the Wildcat was based) on the 24th and flew back to Northwest Regional (where I had my personal hangar and planes) on the 25th and departed the same day for CAF HQ in Harlingen to participate in the flight to the Guadalajara air show the next morning. That was a long day but Guadalajara was a show to remember!

Randy

P.S. There is a video of the "making of" the DMWT commercial shot with some interesting shots of the low passes by the B-17G. More on that later.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:21 pm

How much later, Randy?????

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:43 pm

I hope Randy doesn't mind being quoted...

http://vintageaeroplanewriter.blogspot. ... texas.html

And like b29flteng, tell us more!
Post a reply