Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Thanks for all of the kind words.

ChrisDNT wrote:
Third pic is very very nice, very good photographer you have !

I agree with you. Roger Cain and Jim Dunn are wonderful photographers who are responsible for all of the great air to air photos that I have used in these posts. Thank you Roger! Thank you Jim! I really appreciate your photos and that you let me use them as I like.

The other unsung hero is Jerry Anderson. Jerry is a guy who just loves all things aviation and is a great "stick" to say the least. Jerry is one of those guys who I completely trust flying any Beech I have and in any situation. I love formation flying and Jerry is so much fun to fly next to. He also has a great talent for flying the Beech in unusual positions for unique shots. He is a pilot's pilot. Thanks Jerry!

Here is another photo of the Beech that I took while we were flying her to Switzerland. In this photo I had just refueled the Beech in Sondrestrom, Greenland. Sondre was also known as Bluie West One and was a stopping point for all of the aircraft going to and coming from the European Theatre in WWII. How cool to be fueling up at such a historic airfield.

This is my favorite photo from the trip to Switzerland in this beautiful old Twin Beech.

We brought her from: Image to this in 3 months: Image Help us get her all the way back Image

All donations are tax deductible as the Stockton Field Aviation Museum is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Tell a friend as the Harpoon needs all the help she can get.

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey
Vintage Aircraft, Stockton, California
http://www.twinbeech.com
'KEEP ‘EM FLYING…FOR HISTORY!'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:52 pm 
Aerial Pirate

Thanks for the compliments Taigh, and yes, if it weren't for Jerry's excellent piloting skills, and also knowing what were looking for, we wouldn't be able to get what we do.

We must limit politicians to two terms:
one in office and one in jail.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:09 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Great pictures guys and great work Taigh and crew. I like the blending of "new tech" into that aircraft. My dream airplane has become a Yak-18T with a semi-glass cockpit and your beautiful Beech 18 work has only reinforced that idea.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 pm 

Wow, if I ever hit the lottery, I want to send my Beech to Taighs Beech Heaven for restoration!

Great work, John.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taigh Ramey wrote:
Thanks for all of the kind words.

ChrisDNT wrote:
Third pic is very very nice, very good photographer you have !

I agree with you. Roger Cain and Jim Dunn are wonderful photographers who are responsible for all of the great air to air photos that I have used in these posts. Thank you Roger! Thank you Jim! I really appreciate your photos and that you let me use them as I like.

The other unsung hero is Jerry Anderson. Jerry is a guy who just loves all things aviation and is a great "stick" to say the least. Jerry is one of those guys who I completely trust flying any Beech I have and in any situation. I love formation flying and Jerry is so much fun to fly next to. He also has a great talent for flying the Beech in unusual positions for unique shots. He is a pilot's pilot. Thanks Jerry!

that is 1 gorgeous pic!!

Here is another photo of the Beech that I took while we were flying her to Switzerland. In this photo I had just refueled the Beech in Sondrestrom, Greenland. Sondre was also known as Bluie West One and was a stopping point for all of the aircraft going to and coming from the European Theatre in WWII. How cool to be fueling up at such a historic airfield.

This is my favorite photo from the trip to Switzerland in this beautiful old Twin Beech.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:51 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Love that Greenland shot, very moody!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:43 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Really nice! 8) 8)

Visit Django Studios online or Facebook!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amazing Work you guys do. :D

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 am 

simply stunning work

very well done

philip

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Nice work,

I am suprised I didnt notice this one earlier.

That panel rivals some of the Citations we have been in. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Light certainly loves that airplane! The banking away shot and the one from Bluie are spectacular! But then the subject matter and it's overall perfection and attention to the littlest details makes those photos happen, must have been a heck of a trip!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:16 pm 

Astrodomes should be mandatory on all aircraft. Except open cockpits, of course.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 am 

She was great looking when we were there for bomber camp, and IT WASN"T EVENT FINISHED and it looked GOOD!!! :D

Scott

http://arizonagroundcrew.org/

1940's Army Air Force ground crew living history
(A 501 C 3 organization)
(IYAMYAS)

"Yes sir, it's suppose to look like that"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 pm 

Taigh-

FYI-BGSF/Sondrestrom was Bluie West Eight, BGBW/Narsarsuaq was Bluie West One made famous by Ernie Gann in Fate is the Hunter, been to both of them in a Baron, wish it had been an 18.

Congratulations on a beautiful restoration, I never flew a corporate 18 a few years out of the factory in the late 60's that came close.

Tom-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

My mistake Tom, thanks for pointing it out. I got the Bluie West One correct as the shot was taken at Narsarsuaq and not Sondrestrom. Oops :oops: We flew the Beech to both places on that trip.

The last time I flew in to Sondrestrom was in February of 1980 in the B-29 Hawg wild that's now at the IWM Duxford. It was cool to see the hangar where we parked that cold night. It was easy to spot as it had a cut out in the hangar door for the rear fuselage of the C-130. Our B-29 didn't match up real well so we had to fill the gaps with mattresses to try and keep some of the heat in. Man it was cold!

Thanks again for the correction and thanks to all for the kind words about the Beech.

Taigh

We brought her from: Image to this in 3 months: Image Help us get her all the way back Image

All donations are tax deductible as the Stockton Field Aviation Museum is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Tell a friend as the Harpoon needs all the help she can get.

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey
Vintage Aircraft, Stockton, California
http://www.twinbeech.com
'KEEP ‘EM FLYING…FOR HISTORY!'