Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:35 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Taigh Ramey wrote:
pjpahs wrote:
Watching the Reno Air Race livestream I was rewarded with a view of 062 static with a bunch of so-so aircraft. Did I miss the sight of you running about the pylons, woulda been in Gold unlimited, right?

I'd love to do a lap around the pylons! Set a new record for the slowest time!

Taigh,

I'm confident you can beat Tony's 242.525 in "Pacific Princess" in 1985 and probably Carl's 248.051 in 1986 :D. 1985 was my favorite year @ Reno. not just because I was an impressionable 7 year old, but it may have had the record for the most qualifying twins. Tony in B-25J "Pacific Princess," Bill Arnot in B-25J "Silver Lady," Mike Wright in B-26C "Puss & Boot" and Lefty in P-38l "White Lightning." Of course a qualifying AD-4 and "Super Corsair" winning Unlimited Gold made it pretty awesome as well.

Thanks again for showing us around the the PV @ Reno.

Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:39 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Taigh Ramey wrote:
pjpahs wrote:
Watching the Reno Air Race livestream I was rewarded with a view of 062 static with a bunch of so-so aircraft. Did I miss the sight of you running about the pylons, woulda been in Gold unlimited, right?

Can't happen, that record is held by Jim Orten, winner of the Unlimited B-17 class, when flying the B-17 Sentimental Journey.
Orten could not find a seat to race that year and out of frustration, he took the B-17 around the pylons. There used to be a trophy in the CAF hangar in Mesa that was for the win. It was a battered tin cup on a stand with a plate that rear, Winner, Unlimited B-17 class and liers contest

Check out the Ercoupe Discussion Group on facebook

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:30 pm 

Taigh Ramey wrote:
pjpahs wrote:

That would be an awesome view from the pylons. That would be a very memorable event to shoot.

Will

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:30 pm 

Sorry, double post.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:07 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

http://inspire.eaa.org/2020/05/12/one-f ... 15VUFSUSJ9

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:09 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:05 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Taigh.....this is nuts!

For a few seconds I was under the impression U guys were going to fly to Hawaii!!!!!

Please post a direct link to the give site and I will for sure commit to a few $$$$ even if I am not working right now.

But man!!!! please do the same amazing impressive job as you did when you rescued her....

I wanna see preparation, into the boat, arrival and all the goodies with the vets....

Make this a pic and vid intensive moment.....plz....

Cheers and keep safe

I do understand giving the same exposure on WIX you did on the recovery will be hard. But let us know where the good stuff will be to be seen!!!!!

All my recognition to you and your team for this amazing trip for the vets!!!!!!!

Sincerely from Canada.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 am 

Michel Lemieux wrote:
Taigh.....Please post a direct link to the give site and I will for sure commit...

Likewise, Taigh. I followed the Stockton Museum site link to PayPal but, it did not auto fill your organization and I definitely wish to make a contribution.

Craig

Facebook Groups:

U.S. Marine Corps Sikorsky HRS / CH-19 Helicopter Database
U.S. Coast Guard Sikorsky HO4S / HH-19 Helicopter Database

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:39 am 
Aerial Pirate

There's a donate button on Facebook, hopefully you can go to it without joining.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/1177017329318700/

We must limit politicians to two terms:
one in office and one in jail.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:12 am 

Looking great! I'd be more than slightly irked with the overhaul shop on the regulator issue!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:46 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Sadly we were on our way to the 75th VE day event when we broke a connecting rod on our right engine in the Harpoon. We landed in Chino airport and parked at Aerotrader. Carl and Tony were so very helpful and we are grateful for their kindness. The repair required a full engine teardown which was not possible in the time so close to the event. It was really hard as so many of us busted our backsides to get the Harpoon ready for the trip.

The USS Essex crew sent a van to pick us up so we could continue our mission to work with the Navy to get them up to speed handling and hoisting the Warbirds. It was an honor to work with the men and women of the Essex to make the transport portion of the event a success.

Now we are planning to go to Chino, on an upcoming weekend, to remove the right engine QEC and bring it back to Stockton. We will disassemble it and begin the repair so we can get her back home.

Thanks for your ongoing support with the Harpoon.
Attachment:
IMG_0010a.jpg
IMG_0010a.jpg [ 461.29 KiB | Viewed 15330 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_0013a.jpg
IMG_0013a.jpg [ 495.71 KiB | Viewed 15330 times ]

We brought her from: Image to this in 3 months: Image Help us get her all the way back Image

All donations are tax deductible as the Stockton Field Aviation Museum is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Tell a friend as the Harpoon needs all the help she can get.

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey
Vintage Aircraft, Stockton, California
http://www.twinbeech.com
'KEEP ‘EM FLYING…FOR HISTORY!'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:01 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Send a few dollars your away, keep up the good work... :wink:

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:35 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

phil65 wrote:
Send a few dollars your away, keep up the good work... :wink:

Phil

I just saw that. Thank you so much! The Harpoon thanks you too.

We brought her from: Image to this in 3 months: Image Help us get her all the way back Image

All donations are tax deductible as the Stockton Field Aviation Museum is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Tell a friend as the Harpoon needs all the help she can get.

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:21 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Thank you for the donations! The Harpoon and all of us volunteers really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:21 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Several volunteers from the museum headed down to Chino to pull the broken right engine off of the Harpoon.

Thanks to Carl Scholl and Aerotrader for taking care of the Harpoon in our absence and helping us to work on her. We really appreciate it.

Below are some photos of the gang which include Steve, Robin and Sierra. Awesome work guys!

The QEC (Quick Engine Change) will go in the shop and the teardown will begin. Pull the accessories and then the engine from the mount. A new engine will take its place and the QEC will be built back up for eventual installation on the PV-2.

We drove down Saturday morning. It was a 6 hour drive each way. We got to work and had the engine off that very evening and on the L stand on the trailer.

Here is Robin and Sierra securing the engine on the L stand for the trip home Sunday morning.

The poor ol' gal really got hammered in the recent wind storms at Chino. Severe dust inside covering everything. She will need a good cleaning when we get her home.

We made it home Sunday evening. A lot of work done over the weekend. Robin, Sierra and Steve. Well done guys and gal!

Thanks again to you all for the donations. We all, and the Harpoon, appreciate the support to help to keep her flying.

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next