Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

JimH...........just keep them coming!!

(My thread: I'm a Mustang pilot & what color are your gear doors?)

VL :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:24 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Hey Jim,

Sorry about the nasty gram. Obviously it's someone that doesn't know anything about you or what you stand for.

I have seen and had to deal with all sorts of egos in the Warbird industry and if you line all of us up and ranked us from the least all the way to ego grande, you my friend, would be at the very start with the lowest possible ego.

You have always bent over backwards to be friendly, kind and giving to me and I appreciate that more than I could ever express.

In reading and enjoying your posts on this thread and others I have never had the impression that you were boasting or showing off in any way whatsoever which matches the Jim Harley I know in person. All I see is your deep desire to share with others the wonderful experiences you have earned through hard work.

Your success and achievements show what can be earned through that very hard work along with perseverance and dedication.

Keep it up Jim. You are a good man in my book.

We brought her from: Image to this in 3 months: Image Help us get her all the way back Image

All donations are tax deductible as the Stockton Field Aviation Museum is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Tell a friend as the Harpoon needs all the help she can get.

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey
Vintage Aircraft, Stockton, California
http://www.twinbeech.com
'KEEP ‘EM FLYING…FOR HISTORY!'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:12 pm 
Newly minted Mustang Pilot

its been a helluva journey, a lot of hard work and a lot of long days...but it's paid off. My sole purpose now is...

1. Be Safe
2. Honor the vets
3. Pay it forward
4. share

we are part of an incredible journey that is not going to last forever...

thanks Taigh, Vlado, Lynn...these are the good old days

flying tonight out of KBDR

ps Vlado...our "D" model should have silver doors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Jim,
Please add me to list list of supporters of this fabulous thread. Sounds like this "colleague" is suffering from a case of sour grapes.
Threads like yours add such value to this web site.

Thanks a lot!

Andy Scott

P.S. I'm a Tiger moth pilot! LOOK AT ME!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:33 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Hey Jim,

Talk about bad timing... I was at KILG over the Labor Day weekend, but unfortunately I arrived there four days after you left! It would've been nice to have a quick visit while I was there.

As for this thread and the ugly turn that it briefly took, just ignore the bonehead wanna-be's. The REAL warbird people know who you are and what you're all about. Please keep this thread going, and keep it well-stocked with your photos and insights from the road. You're living our dream, and we're living it through you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:33 pm 

I want to latch on to everyone else's positive comments!! I consider myself very lucky to have met Jim (as well as the rest of the traveling Collings folks!!) and benefited from his knowledge, generosity, all around good nature 10 fold over anything I could ever repay or offer him or the rest of the crew. Class act all the way! Luv the pics, stories, info...all of it! Look forward to when you guys are back in California!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:50 pm 

Keep up the good work Jim. Don't let the naysayer get you down. As someone with great wisdom once told me, it's all about the choices we make!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:54 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Jim,

Great pics, great commentary, all done with quality, class and gratitude. I look dorward to more updates!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:20 pm 

For those of you in the Houston area, expect to see some increased jet activity in the next two months as Wings Over Houston approaches. The T-33, Huey, A-4, and Me-262 are good to go. The Huey is at San Jacinto college all day today for an event they're having, and the A-4 and '262 have people coming in for flights around the 13th I believe. The F-100 and F-4 are next on the list to be up and about. Both are waiting on some parts and noise will start being made. Keeps your eyes and ears tuned!

In the meantime, I'll post a shot of the T-33 in her new markings. She represents a squadron hack that the 111th FBS used in Korea while they were flying F-84's. For those that don't know, the 111th has lived at Ellington Field in Houston, where all the Foundation jets are based, since the 40's and 50's and still lives there today flying Predator's. It was also the last assignment for our F-4. Hope you like it...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:38 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

There is a great picture of Jim landing Betty Jane on today's FlightAware Weekly at KAVQ, atta boy Jim...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:42 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Waukegan 2014 airshow..........
(I'm glad I polished that right side!)
VL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:23 pm 

great shots Vlado! saw a video as well...looked great. 55 days left for the 2014 season (hint Vlado, still have some time open on Betty Jane) We've been really busy but managed to get some shots over the last few days. Flew with the Skyraider for a bit out of Hyannis. The sunset shots are here in Worcester, which never disappoints for great photo ops.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:43 am 
Aerial Pirate

Always enjoy seeing your posts Jim, keep on posting. Love the B-17 sunset shots!

We must limit politicians to two terms:
one in office and one in jail.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Great shots guys. I always look forward to updates on this thread, thanks for sharing!
Robbie 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:24 pm 

Few more random shots from the last few days...the weather has been superb.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next