Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:33 am 

Press on dude. But I would suggest getting a filter for these GoPros in order to mitigate the near-frozen props. I put a SRP filter on one of mine and while it does not give me a full prop circle in stills or make the prop disappear in videos, it does help a bit. I did a photo flight with an SBD in Reading and attached my GoPro to my head for sugar and giggles and the prop looked fairly decent.

You guys are in New Castle today correct?

Oops, does mentioning the photo flight make me an egotist? :wink:

Chappie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Yep, what they said. This isn't "hey look at me I'm a Mustang pilot", it's more like "wow I get a Mustang to fly, wanna come play??". Every time a pilot sticks a Go Pro in/on a plane or takes pictures from inside the cockpit it's the next best thing to giving rides, and I can never quite express how much I appreciate it, getting to join the fun.

I say ignore your "adviser", no deep thinker there.

PIC, Ford 6600 pulling Rhino batwing up and down the runway

Last edited by Pogo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:12 am 
Newly minted Mustang Pilot

when I started this thread WIX was really taking a negative turn...it has improved A LOT over the last couple years...I've been blessed with a good fortune and I think its fun to share it. Yes, KILG today...I do need a filter but when you are only in town a couple days its hard to have regular mail service...

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:13 am 

Sorry I caught this after I got home from watching you fly this am. I woulda have told you personally how much I enjoy this thread. We don't have enough of these types of threads on WIX. We all would like to know what it's like. Only another guy with "access" would make that sort of a comment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 am 

This is all we normally get to see.

Good showing at BLM. Thanks for coming by!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:31 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

JimH wrote:
so...got a pretty nastygram from a "colleague" in the warbird industry today...I'm an egotist who should rename it "I'm a Mustang pilot look at me"...when in actuality everyone is involved in this thread...so...I put it out to you..should I have Scott delete this whole thread or continue...??? I leave it to you all...

Seriously?! These shots are AMAZING... the only suitable response to such a petty BS message would be as follows:

Golf
Foxtrot
Yankee

:twisted:

Keep up the AWESOME work Jim!

Lynn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:15 pm 

Please continue. Great shots

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:05 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Jim,
Please keep up the thread. It's a fun look at what you get to do, and what many of us wish we could do. The extra stories you post about the folks you meet and the places you get to go are great. I view it more as a modern version of the old fashioned travelogue. We get to go along for the ride. So thanks, and keep up the good work. For every vocal negative Nancy, there are dozens of us silently drooling along...

:)

kevin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jim have you sold out all your "Life Is Good" T-shirts, yet? You know the one with a photo of you doing a barrel roll high fiving yourself on the front and the "wish you were me don't you" on the back? ... :wink:
I ran out of mine for posting so many photo threads ... 8)

Keep up the great work Jim, super stuff :supz:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:52 pm 

cool...thanks everyone...life goes on, We are at Republic, where Scott Clyman has been working on getting all the Republic fighters back to their home field. Pretty epic line up...now only if they all could fly. Great way to spend Labor Day weekend...

short final at Morgantown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:00 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

JimH wrote:
Pretty epic line up...now only if they all could fly.

I would be as giddy as a little girl to see just the straight wing Thunderjet flying! Love that airplane.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:19 pm 

would be cool to see any of these fly...they look heavy just sitting there! sat in the beast today...felt too comfortable :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

JimH wrote:
so...got a pretty nastygram from a "colleague" in the warbird industry today...I'm an egotist who should rename it "I'm a Mustang pilot look at me"...when in actuality everyone is involved in this thread...so...I put it out to you..should I have Scott delete this whole thread or continue...??? I leave it to you all...

Sad, Jim, keep the cards and letters coming, we'll read them...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:12 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Even if the thread title was "I'm a Mustang pilot. Look at me", I'd still check this thread out EVERY single time it was updated. You're living the life that many of us can only dream about. And the pictures? Absolutely fantastic. Keep posting away!

I guess if your colleague looked a little bit closer, he would clearly see that the fact of the matter is that this thread isn't just about you and Mustang. It's about a very successful organization "spreading the gospel" and showing that just because an airplane is old, it doesn't mean it has to sit lifeless in a museum and collect dust. It's the aviation history equivalent of the old Bookmobiles. Hope to see you guys when you swing through Westminster, MD in early October.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:47 pm 

JimH wrote:
would be cool to see any of these fly...they look heavy just sitting there! sat in the beast today...felt too comfortable :)

Jim, with all of the new acquisitions by the foundation, no P-47?????? :shock: :shock: :shock: I would look forward to seeing another P-47 back in the air........ I have no doubt that you could study the manual and go flying in the "Jug".... Neil Melton was very gracious a few years ago and gave me a few minutes in the cockpit of "Hun Hunter" and was pointing out a few things particular to the P-47, especially since he was running the turbo.... One of the things that stuck with me from his pointers was on the control forces... he told me to make control inputs on the stick...they were very smooth, very light....... He stated "That is pretty much the way they feel (the controls) even when flying...... Nice plane...Nicer guy.....
Oh, btw..... keep on posting.......
alan brooks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next