Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Robbo's Flying Legends 2010

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:37 am

Phenomenal shots Rob!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Thanks for your comments, I'm still working my way through too many photos, here's a few more:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 pm

We haven't been to flying Legends since '06. Anyone got a date for '11? I keep thinking it's always the second weekend in July but then I look at some of my old receipts and it seems they have it the first weekend sometimes.

Mudge the researcher :?

ps...Robbo...23 birds in one shot...not too shabby :D

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:31 am

Another dozen just about wraps it up

Last edited by Robbo on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:51 am

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:02 am

Bloody Marvelous !!

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:23 pm

wardie wrote:Bloody Marvelous !!

What he said!!!
Next year, I hope to shake this gentleman's hand when I attend my first Flying Legends. His photos have brought me there already...

Rich

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 pm

richkolasa wrote:
wardie wrote:Bloody Marvelous !!

What he said!!!
Next year, I hope to shake this gentleman's hand when I attend my first Flying Legends. His photos have brought me there already...

Rich

With these you have a front row seat. I also plan on attending next year and will ask around for him as well...

Lynn

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 am

Great shots
The fantastic mass fore and aft formation shots emphasiise to me how much wing the corsair presents to the air - and how distinctive the profile is

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:45 am

Rick65 wrote:Great shots
The fantastic mass fore and aft formation shots emphasiise to me how much wing the corsair presents to the air - and how distinctive the profile is

Rick...you may know this already but those mass formations are referred to as the "Balbo"

I'm glad to hear that so many of you will be attending Duxford next year. Hope to find a few of you in the human "Balbo" that attends. We'll be in the Friends of the Fighter Collection enclosure during the flying. It's a great place to watch the show from. All you gotta' do to get in is join FOTFC and membership includes free admission to the flight line.

Hope to see some of you at The Eagle in Cambridge. Great little pub and a WWII hangout for the crews from Duxford. I can also recommend a nice, inexpensive B&B. It's two blocks from the train station (where you get the free bus to Duxford.)

Anyone know dates for the show yet? I'm assuming it's gonna' be July 9-10.

Mudge the anxious :D

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Let's organise a meet-up somewhere near the bar at next year's Legends.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Not having been a "regular" at bars in the last 50+ years, someone's gonna' hafta' gimma' a map or directions 'cause my saloon detecting radar is about 49 years past it's annual. :shock: .

Mudge the teetotaler :rolleyes:

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Mudge, there's always a mobile bar by the TFC hangar and there's a coffee/tea van a couple of doors down.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Robbo wrote:Mudge, there's always a mobile bar by the TFC hangar and there's a coffee/tea van a couple of doors down.

OK...I can probably find that. I might even fall off the wagon and have a :drinkers: or :drinkers: :drinkers: with youse troops. All you have to do now is tell me WHEN IT IS!

Mudge the prepared :wink:
Post a reply